Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Personally, I think eggs are nearly a perfect food. Eggs are the epicenter of all life. An egg from a healthy, cared-for hen in a nice green garden of fat bugs is going to offer some good nutrition to a person who is not is allergic to eggs. Imo.
:

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Amino acid supplements will often use the protein profile of an egg because it is seen as the gold standard for protein.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSerene View Post
I've done a lot of online searching but I haven't found a conclusive answer on this question: if you eat eggs + a little cheese here and there, would that provide adequate B12? Any thoughts?
I think it would depend greatly on the individual. Women having children would need more. Men would probably need less in general. If you did not inherit good stores from your mother, you would need more.

Sorry! That is not very conclusive either!

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
It would probably be fine if you don't have a digestive disorder affecting your B-12 status. You can get a blood homocysteine test that would give you a good indirect measure of this issue. If your homocysteine is elevated you're likely low in folate, B-12, or B-6. So if you are high you would then determine whether one of the vitamins was a factor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.