Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I relocated to Westminster and am looking into schools for my 1 y.o. Is it too early? I've heard of families being on waiting lists for several years and still not getting in . . . .we are in Adams County but it is my understanding he can attend any school in Westminster?? Is this true? Would it include Westminster schools in Jeffco too? What schools can you recommend? Thanks,
Julie

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I can't recommend any schools, sorry. In Colorado you can attend any school in any district as long as you provide transportation for out of district. My husband went to school in Jeffco and loved it, more than likely our boys will also go to school in the Jeffco school district, we live in arapahoe hope to buy a house in Jeffco or unincorporated jeffco. I see no reason why you'd need to be on a waiting list for public school. Most of the districts and schools have websites, so google around for colorado/westminster elementry schools.

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Your child will be eligible for open enrollment to any school of your choosing. The selection process is done by lottery, no waiting lists.

Sorry I have no recommendations, we are in Boulder.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
There was an article in Sunday's Denver Post about Adams 50 that you might be interested in. Apparently the district is going to try letting kids work by ability level rather than age/grade level: http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_11280071

It'd be worth watching to see how it plays out.

We're in Westy too, but on the Jeffco side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.