Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some reassurance. All of a sudden, after reading something online, I am freaking out about my progestrone levels. I had short luteal phases prior to conception due to breastfeeding but was able to level them out within a couple months with B6 and Vitex. Once I got a BFP, I stopped thinking about progestrone, having wrongly assumed that once implantation occurred, there was no reason to worry. I now wonder if I was wrong and should worry... I do continue temping and have had elevated temps since ovulation. I am 7 weeks tomorrow. Thank you for reading my post and your thoughts, if any!

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sore nipples, increased appetite, and numerous BFPs that I am still taking...
But with my first and only pregnancy (DS is 3), I did not have any first trimester symptoms either other than increased appetite and fatigue.

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
If you are really concerned... call your doctor and see if you can get a progesterone test.

I tested on the low side (still within the normal range but on the lower end of normal... lower than my FP likes to see) and she said as long as I have morning sickness we wont do anything about it. But without a history of it (I had HG with my first and mild morning sickness with my second and its REALLY bad again this time) I'm not sure what they would use to gauge as an indicator that everything is still healthy.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, MaerynPearl. Your replies to other women's questions on the charting side were very helpful to me too! Sometimes I wish I had morning sickness! I was a nervewreck last time as well, without any obvious symptoms.

· Premium Member
2,900 Posts
One thing I have always been told is to not temp after the BFP. It isnt a good indicator of anything. It will only make you crazy. The only way for you to know what your progesterone levels are doing is to have them tested. If you are concerned, have them checked. Have you had any bloodwork at all yet?

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I have not had any blood work done yet. My first MW appt is at the end of the month. To put my mind at ease, I should probably request blood work paperwork tomorrow but I probably would not get the results back until next week. Plus, we are buried in snow here, and I can't even get my car out of the driveway!

As for temping, so far, steady elevated temps have been reassuring to me but I guess there is no basis to support my "good feeling" about them.

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by momtoalex View Post
No, I have not had any blood work done yet. My first MW appt is at the end of the month. To put my mind at ease, I should probably request blood work paperwork tomorrow but I probably would not get the results back until next week. Plus, we are buried in snow here, and I can't even get my car out of the driveway!
Oh how I know how ALL of that goes. Sometimes I love living in a town of 2500 in a county with 4 stoplights in the ENTIRE county.

Sometimes its nothing more than a curse. Bloodwork has to be sent to a city the next county over and certain tests take quite a while to get the results. My progesterone results came back a week after they took that blood.

And ugh the snow. I fell on the ice a few weeks back and am now paranoid of going outside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.