Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ladies,
i have lurked for months and found wonderful ideas, advice, etc. and now have to share our well won fight with food allergies and eczema with you. i am going to make a really LONG story short (as possible...i'm a pretty long winded person). my now ten month old, who for nine months was scratching the heck out of his arms, leg, ears and face, is on his way to living allergy and eczema free. i breastfed exclusively for the first 6 1/2 months (afraid to even try solids), we tried elimination diets (we know dairy, eggs, wheat, soy, corn, chocolate, onions...the list goes on were all problems), and sought out a variety of natural products/supplements....we visited many health food stores, saw a naturopath when we discovered the peds would do little more than treat the symptoms...i could go on, but won't.

ok, at a holistic mom's meeting a woman asked if i heard of n.a.e.t. (nambudripad's allergy elimination techniques)...and said to look it up on the internet. i did and it has changed my life...and the well being and happiness of my ds. i purchased dr. nambudripad's book "say good-bye to children's allergies", found a chiropractor in gibbstown, nj who practices naet along with cranioscaral therapy and made an appointment. you may or may not see immediate results (we were fortunate and saw a major decrease in itching after the first visit), but within a month's time (seeing her about 3 times per week) we have been able to add dairy, wheat, corn and soy back into both of our diets. i just recently added wheat (last night) and my boy who would break out in a horrible itching fit with hives and inflamed red patches on his face, legs, arms, neck with the slightest taste of wheat by me is now sleeping peacefully without ANY signs of it bothering him.

www.naet.com

naet is all noninvasive which is what made my decision to try it so easy. the basic idea involves combining acupuncture (acupressure in our case since ds is so young), chiropractic, kinesiology, and nutrition to eliminate allergies. i had an appointment with a ped. allergist who was sure to want blood work etc. and i was very torn about going. we had been through sooooo much emotionally trying to deal with the itching, hives, inflamation and misery. like many of you, i would say, 'if i could just figure out what was causing it i would give it up, eliminate it from our home, do what ever i need to do to help my baby.' my ds is like a completely different child...happy...easy to be around. we are still getting 'cleared' of our allergies...because i am breastfeeding and would be doing so for at least the first two years, our dr. said we would need to treat both of us. naet is not cheap (i am fortunate enough to have insurance and although i had to fight a little was able to get the treatments partially covered) and sometimes multiple visits are needed for one food group, but it WORKS! i was spending a small fortune (not to mention the stress on our daily lives) trying to find foods that would not cause my ds to break out...for us our dr. and naet have been miraculous. from the moment we met our dr, she was confident that she could help us and she did!

naet may not be for everyone...it could almost seem whacky if you don't believe in blocked energy, natural cures, etc...but trust me it works. the most diffiuclt part is that after a treatment you have to avoid specific foods/products (depending on the allergen) for the next 25 hours...including not touching the allergen...when you are the mom and you have other kids this is a bit tricky.

my goal was not to tell my story, (i've tried to condense as much as possible)
but to share this awesome technique with anyone whose child is suffering...spreading the word about good stuff!

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
Another NAET user here. NAET has literally given me a different child. DD had just turned 2, and I was at my wit's end when I discovered NAET. DD was barely eating any solid foods, had eczema, hives, rarely napped, woke up all night screaming, was a very high needs child, she was just one miserable child. Within weeks she started getting better, 10 months later I can tell very quickly when she is having a reaction, her entire behavior changes, she breaks out in patches again, wakes up alot at night. We still go in for treatments because dd has MANY, many allergies. We've cleared up the vast majority of her food allergies, and are now working on her numerous chemical and enviromental allergies.I don't know what I would of done without NAET.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Congrats mamas!

That is awesome!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
need sleep, it's extremely extremely NON invasive. It's basically hand-holding/touch stuff.

I've known a couple people that had excellent results. And then my dad tries it for about a year, spending tons of money and TIME (an hour there and back) and had NO improvement. And all the doc could say was "Well then, we need to keep doing it" That's when he quit and started w/ the allergy shots and has had awesome results from that. His allergies are mostly environmental.

I want to post more but must get baby...

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
I'll admit that NAET is not for everyone, honestly I STILL have a hard time believing it works, but it has for us. I also have a hard time explaining it to people.
It is completely noninvasive, sometimes they can use acupuncture if you are having a hard time holding on to a treatment, but we've never needed it.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Wow, my first post was horrible!! I'm going to have to go back and edit all the errors--sorry! Got cut short....

Anyway, I was trying to say that I've known a few people to have excellent results w/ NAET and my mom got the book and everything. It seemed like a win-win, no-fail situation! But my dad just didn't respond at all after months and months of treatment. And it's just weird b/c the practitioner didn't give them any explanation or other treatment options. She just wanted to keep going and going. I don't blame my dad for giving up on it. It was a real disappointment b/c they basically gave up every Friday for months to go to treatment. I just wish the doc had explained things for them (and myself!) and given some treatment options, etc. Such a bummer.... But I'd still recommend it to someone that I thought would be open to it. Maybe my dad's problem was his age (upper 50's) and his body just didn't want to let go of anything! Maybe kids are easier b/c their bodies are newer.

Glad to hear more positive stories though. It's an amazing thing.....

PS I want to add that I think my dad may have a fungus issue (internally). I've been learning more about that, and it seems he has all the symptoms. I need to get a good book and send it to my mom. Then they'll hop on board for that too!

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'm so happy to hear good stories about NAET. My 12 mo dd has bad eczema and now asthma and we've done NAET with dubious results with lotsa money spent on it. It seems to get better for a couple of days or maybe weeks and then just return with a vengeance. It doesn't seem to last. So, I've given up on NAET at this point. It costs us $75 per session, per allergy elimination!!! And she seems to ahve about 50 different allergies!
I feel so hopeless now.

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
Nani- I've heard that NMT is a better option then NAET for multiple allergies. You can treat several allergies at once and I've also heard they hold better. NAET is the only option for us in our area, the nearest NMT office is 4 hours away, had there been one closer I would of taken dd there, the NAET worked great for us, but since dd just as many allergies your dd, it has been very expensive. Because dd has so many allergens, we get some cleared, she does great for a while and then another allergen bothers her again, it's a cycle, but over all she is nothing like she was before. And once we got through most of the food items, the chemical and enviromental allergens started bothering her. I actually see it as a good thing, before her body was so overwhelmed with all these allergens she never had good phases,now she does, so it's working and she is slowing clearing everything, and someday soon she'll hopefully be allergy free!
Good luck.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I'm going to look into it for my dd. she seems ot be allergic to everything. but her reaction isn't phsyical so much as mental/emotional. (or perhaps internal physical)

when i feed her certain foods there is a direct relationship to how much she whines, cries, screams, wakes up at night, clinginess, anger, stubborn, and easy upset.

she is only 11 and she's been dealing with this since birth.
she is on a diet that consists of only 4 things b/c they seem to work for her. i'm worried about her nutrition.

I'm so tired and emotionally overwhlemed. I know it's not her fault but i tend to find myself annoyed with her often.

I just want to be able to enjoy my baby. I love her so very much.

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
Punkymama- that is exactly how my dd started out. She was a screaming, angry baby that never slept, she turned into a clingy, whiny, very high needs toddler who still never slept. Honestly I thought that was just her personality, she was never any different then that.
Then this time last year, she broke out in eczema, that just kept getting worse and worse no matter what I did, by the time dd was 2 she had eczema patches all over her body, even on her face, that's when I realized she had allergies. Her behavior is the first thing that changes now when she is having a reaction. We lived off of turkey, apples, and brown rice for a while because that was all she could eat, she was barely eating food at 2 years, just mainly bfing so I got to eat that diet. I still can't stand to look at rice
and am just finally starting to eat apples again!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Amy, did you actually clear you dd's allergies with NMT??
I found a practitioner here in SF and I'm thinking about going.

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
I have never used NMT, only NAET, the nearest NMT office is 4 hours away from where I live. Had one been closer I would of used NMT, not because I am unhappy with NAET but because I have spent a fortune on dd's NAET treatments and NMT does not require as many treatments as NAET. Confusing enough for ya!

DD is not allergy free yet, she has cleared most of her allergens though. It has been a slow process for us, she has been going in for treatment since Feb, we are down to one treatment a week
and we hope to be completely done early next year. I don't want to scare people off, the vast majority of people do not require that many treatments, dd had many, many allergens,50+, not only food but chemical and enviromental as all. The only food item we have left to do is gelatin, we are through most of her chemical allergies, and have been working on enviromental ones lately. Things like dust mites, smoke from our woodstove, tree pollen, weeds, you get the picture. We have only had to do one treatment over again, it was one of the first ones, it was a biggie for her, and it didn't clear the first time, everything else has held wonderfully. Our practitioner uses acupressure to reinforce points during the treatment, I believe that has helped immensely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.