Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of the year I am starting a new job with reduced hours and a 6am-noonish schedule. As DH works in the afternoons, this means that we can stop using daycare. I am so excited about being able to spend my afternoons with Ella, to see her more than the dinner/bedtime/usually hectic evenings, to know that she is getting the level of care that only her father and I can provide....but I'm also thinking "I don't have a routine with her like DH does for mornings, what if she misses her friends, am I going to be able to provide all the neat learning opportunities that they have at her daycare.....etc. etc."<br>
In reality I know that this is going to be a big change for all of us, but I am thoroughly convinced that this is what is best. But I can't help but feel a little aprehensive, and then mommy guilt sinks in for even thinking that I won't be able to do it well...and you know how it goes.<br>
Anyone else switched from a daycare situation to no daycare? How did you feel? I am thinking that it will be a bit overwhelming at first, but that we will settle into a routine. Any advice or commiseration?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Angela

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
It sounds like a great arrangement! I'm sure you will settle into your own routine with dd soon enough. I'm not a big "scheduling" kind of person but I find it helps to try to find a fairly constant routine.<br><br>
I don't think you have to go overboard in trying to replicate the daycare environment, but it would be great if you could find a playgroup, find a library that does reading for kids, and other activities to get you out of the house, stimulate your dd, and hopefully allow you to have some adult interaction/socializing too.<br><br>
Follow your dd's lead - you'll do fine!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts