Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
just getting started here thanks to you! partially I had my suspicions about fa but sometimes someone else has to ''say it'' for it to make sense
: we are off of dairy and soy at the moment and gut healing! yeast fighting too! I see the scd or candida diet in my near future! hopefully not but I'll do hat it takes ! thank god for mdc
!! llli.org has some good recipes under the allergies and the breastfeeding family section! also very helpful!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zion View Post
i had to eliminate diary and soy because ds was so gassy and irritable. he seems much better but i can't seem to find the cause of the slimey mucousy poop!! i have posted about this here and googled the heck out of it and have found nothing. what els causes this. one site said to call the doctor if your baby has mucousy poop and another said it's normal. i'm confused!!! any thoughts?
I know it's a pita my quest for answers on the snot poo is what originally led me here talking to many allergy moms and the poo didn't get better till the gut was all healed up my theory on that in a sense ........ but I've also rread that mucus poop can be a sign of yeast die off .... not sure about it! it is confusing are you using probiotics?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zion View Post
I give DS probiotics. I took them myself for a little white after i was on antibiotics for mastitis in july. Would there be any other signs of yeast? I haven't noticed anything different. I wonder why they make it sound so serious..."call your doctor right away..." I have an appointment with the ped on wed. We'll see what he says then.
well I'm glad you are looking into it they say it can be an infection or a virus so..... my EX-ped was not helpful in this area I think his words were ''some b/f babies just have these types of bowel movements''
: hmmmm..... anyway I'm beginning to notice slight improvement..... wheres the knock on wood smiley?
other signs would be thrush or a yeasty diaper rash or for you a vaginal yeast infection itchy nipples pain or burning in the breast.....

·
Registered
496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by acordio View Post
We are eliminating Soy and Dairy because of specs of blood in the poo. I started with dairy and it got a little better then took out soy and the amount of mucos and green poos went down big time. The amount of blood went down too. We will go several days with none then I slip up and have a small amount and they return a little but they have definately gotten better. I was told that it can be anything. I am also avoiding tomatoes and orange juice as of today because of a red bottom.
how long was it b4 you saw improvement

·
Registered
496 Posts
hi you know this not really related to the food elim aspect but I'm wondering if you would consider this to be progress ....I'm dairy and soy free for a while now I'm thinkin almost a month I've laxed on the food diary
well ds has started to poop a lot less before he was doing several rather large poos now he does 1 small it is still snotty but I feel like jmo ok but if he is using more and wasting less that would be good right?
: his little mood is definately better and his reflux is not as painful (dosen't scream everytime he's layed down) also he seems to really be filling out he's very long but lookin a little pudgy and out growin some clothes
haven't weighed recently too much hype! but these are all iprovements I just wonder iyo if the poop thing sounds like a normal occurence or an improvement?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kierdan'sMom View Post
For us, no but for you, it does sound like a good sign! For us, she's constipated when BFing w/o diet changes. When she's getting an allergen direct (like citric acid in benadryl) she has horrid diarrhea and much mroe frequent. When diet is perfect, well, I haven't seen that in so long I don't remember. BUt yours def. sounds good. Sounds like he's not completely there but is def. making improvements!!

Update on us: We're sooo much better! Quinoa is the miracle food that made my TED doable. DD slept last night....ALOT! I think her shortest stretch might have been2 hours, and the rest were 3 hour increments!! I'm sooo thrilled! HAng in there mamas - There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Mtn mama: I know some one who did something similar (She held food with both hands and if her practicioner could get hands apart, not a good food) and managed to successfully treat Idiopathic PUlminary Disease and send it into remission...Something Drs. said was absolutely impossible to do!
: good to hear! daniel is napping on his own w/o being in my arms now too! hes not arching his back and screaming ....the reflux symptoms are almost zilch!
knock on wood! My depression is gone too! I was loosing it foe a while there! life is better with sleep

·
Registered
496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ainh View Post
Just wanted to put out a little PSA on probiotics.

I was giving DS probiotics for awhile and his eczema just got worse and worse. Turns out that he has severe food allergies and there was casein, fish and soy lurking in those "safe for baby" probiotics. Most kids don't have the severe allergies that my little one has, but it is good to really check and double check those labels for allergens (or call the company, best yet). No pointing in cutting dairy from your diet if baby is ingesting casein (basically all probiotics contain traces of dairy--even the hypoallergenic ones from Kirkman Labs)!! UGH. I felt SO badly when I realized this and I fear that it really provoked his system to react even worse to dairy. That said...I do take a probiotic from Kirkmans myself now and hope that DS gets some of the benefits through the breastmilk.
I haven't had trouble with excema so I can't say that has improved but our problems have been gastro related and sleeplessness along with irritability I am dairy and soy free at the moment and we use Dr. Ohhira's probiotics 12 plus vegan ingedients non dairy non gmo natural prebiotics (fos) 36 micronutrients 12 strains lactic acid bacteria potent th10 strain including b infantis and bifidus and bifidobacterium also as amino acids and they use a 3 year fermentation.... they are pricey so I give them to my son and I take them a couple times a week the other days I take plain ''dairy free acidophilus'' the website for these if you are interested is
http://www.EssentialFormulas.com

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi all I've certainly got some catching up to do on this thread but I had to post I'm very happy that my discipline has paid off *crossing fingers and praying hard* I have been off of dairy except organic eggs and soy for quite some time I've also started to incorporate about 85% organic food into my diet and I don't believe I've had anything with high fructose corn syrup in some time!! (maybe a trace on thanksgiving) It really seems to be helping we are not having the ideal breastfed poops but the mucus is almost nil...my ds is 5 m/o and has spread his bm's out they vary greatly but I don't dread the mucus anymore !! I think the teething tablets aggitate him a little but it's almost worth it.....anyone else find success by changing to more organic foods? I must say I feel a lot better too!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post
My 4 mo dd is not able to tolerate the teething tabs because they are lactose based. It took me two weeks to figure that one out... sorry baby. Since then we've gone without, although she wears an amber teething necklace round the clock.

We're gluten free, no cow dairy, no sugar, no celery or onions or garlic, no sulfites/sulfates, no vanilla, no fragrances and finally feeling good. Baby is back to baseline and I feel better that I have in 13 months (pre-preg).

I think the pregnancy triggered a wheat allergy in me and I didn't recognize it until 6 wks pp. So all that time I was poisoning me and my baby. I hope we can heal up from this.
congrats on figuring it out ! I think we are squared away for now I higly suspect that a lot of our problems were food dyes and processing agents....I don't have the guts to challenge dairy , not yet anyways
I hope you get the guts healed up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.