Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a few days ago about doing a TED dt my 9 month old DD's FTT. After reading on this forum for a bit, I've decided instead to eliminate corn, egg, dairy, soy, gluten, wheat, fish, citrus and peanuts. In addition, I'm just avoiding anything packaged, with the exception of some gluten free pasta, which I just bought today. I've been doing this since Monday and I am SO hungry. I just can't feel sated.

For example, last night we had chicken with peppers, asparagus and onions, mixed with quinoa. I ate a ton of it -- probably two breasts worth and a good amount of veggies and quinoa. I still had that burny/empty feeling in my stomach. I'm drinking as much water as possible to try to fill me up a bit, but it's not cutting it! Suggestions?

· Premium Member
4,469 Posts
FAT. Lots and lots of fat. Fry things, dump oil on your grains, eat WAY more fat than you think you need. The first week is the hardest, but hang in there. Any changes for your babe?

· Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for asking, mamafish. I haven't really notice a difference, although I wouldn't expect to since her primary symptom is the FTT. And that will probably take a while. It's been interesting to see how *I* react to the restrictions. I'm definitely more irritable, although I think that's the gnawing hunger!

I took your advice and fried some ground beef in oil (probably 3 T worth) and dumped it over two small potatoes. I felt sated!!! It feels weird to eat so much oil. Although given that I've already lost 2 lbs in 4 days, I'm guessing I need it.

· Premium Member
4,469 Posts
Glad you felt full. Yeah, it is strange, but it works. Avocados were my friend, too - they squish up nicely in all kinds of things, and they're full of fat.

· Registered
10,748 Posts
For ground beef, we buy the fattiest mix. I put pine nuts on my salad (extra fat) and oil & vinegar dressing mix that I make. I make coconut milk yogurt and don't sweeten it much so I can put it on baked potatoes or in smoothies. We use coconut milk (high fat, just watch out for additives) in baking and in smoothies. We make sweet potato fries (toss the fries in olive oil before baking). And yes, we eat alot. Some people look at me and can't imagine how much fat we eat, but we do it to feel full and to make sure we're getting enough nutrients. Look for Purely Decadent ice cream. They have a coconut milk line that's good (though some of the flavors have other things in them). I also have my vice, potato chips. I make sure the ones I get are just potatoes and a safe oil, and salt (the brands we have here are Cape Cod and Utz). Not sure where you are. We'll make a taco salad (with the high fat ground beef) stick it on romaine and green peppers, and dice some avocado on top. Yum. Yum. You'll get the hang of it!

· Registered
324 Posts
I just eat all the time. I eat about 5-6 meals a day with my protein, and fruit in between for snacks. My problem is finding enough food to buy! I am always cleaning out the pears and turkey at my local stores. I'm never hungry, though. If I'm hungry in the middle of the night, I eat a piece of fruit or some turkey.

· Registered
2,365 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
FAT. Lots and lots of fat. Fry things, dump oil on your grains, eat WAY more fat than you think you need. The first week is the hardest, but hang in there.
THIS.

Add fat to your veggies. Get fattier cuts of meat - chicken thighs, for example, instead of breasts. Eat the skin. If you're eating any grains, add oil/fat to your grains. Fat is filling! (and nutritious, if it's from an animal that was pasture-fed, or if it's plant-based that it's not high in Omega 6s...)

i hope you see some progress, and soon!

· Premium Member
10,578 Posts
I asked this about being gf in the nutrition forum. The answers were basically "you'll get used to it." And I definitely have!
(Well, I've gotten past the "never feel full" feeling. I haven't gotten over the "lack of variety" feelings. lol.)
I think we just get so used to having especially bread and pasta as fillers, that when they aren't there it feels really wierd. I couldn't eat fatty meats or the skin on chicken- that totally icked me out. But avocados- I could eat a couple of those a day!

· Premium Member
293 Posts
Hi. I didn't see your previous post, but I am off the top 10 (dairy, soy, wheat, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shell fish, beef, and corn) as well as oats. I also limit (more or less eliminated) citrus and tomatoes too.

I also feel hungry all. the. time. I am constantly eating and some of my favorite snacks are potato chips (safe ones without corn oil) and the so delicious mini coconut milk 'ice cream' bars or coconut milk 'ice cream.'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.