Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm onto day 3 of the Sears allergy elimination diet. I can eat rice-based products, turkey or lamb, squash varieties and sweet potato. The only seasonings I can use are salt and pepper. I've already lost 3 pounds and really can't lose anymore as I was under my pre-pregnancy weight anyway.

I'm so bored of the food already! Has anyone been on it and have some recipes to share?

Also, does anyone know if it's okay to cook with canola oil? My baby is 7.5 months - are there any other safe foods I can try?

(The back story is crazy night wakings and I'm doing this diet to rule out allergens. So far, I've had 2 much better nights, so maybe.....)

· Registered
648 Posts
post in the allergy forum. There is alot of us that have been on special diets and a sticky with some really good recipes.
Why are you on the diet? Is you LO at baseline yet? It is not a good idea to stay on the diet for longer than 2 weeks.

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I had not seen that forum.

I started the diet 3 days ago and believe I already see improvements. I decided to do it because DS is a terrible night waker (not to BF, not because he can't self-soothe, not teething, but as if something is irritating him). I've also always thought he had reflux. Anyway, I just wanted to rule diet out as an explanation, then I'll stop searching for one

I won't be taking the strict diet beyond 2 weeks and will then introduce foods avoiding the 10 most common allergens.

Off to join the other forum now.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.