Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a cool holistic MD. Tired of headaches everyday, fatigue, malaise, and some infertility stuff. I knew she was going to tell me to change my diet. That's why I chose her.<br><br>
So she put me on this elimination diet. You avoid the most common food allergens for two weeks, and then rechallenge them one at a time. Must avoid: wheat, dairy, corn, eggs, citrus, refined sugars, food additives and perservatives, and anything else you eat three times a week.<br><br>
So that leave rice cakes and brown rice. Well, not literally. But that's what it feels like.<br><br>
So I am on day 6. Oh man, were the first five days straight out of hell. I felt like I had the flu, got migraines on day one and five, and regular headaches on the other days. I am starting to feel better today. Feel a HA coming on though.<br><br>
Tell me this process is worth it. Tell me you got some major insight and it totally made your life different when you avoided it.<br><br>
What were the things you ate the most during the two weeks?<br><br>
I feel like I am eating too many nuts/peanut butter/almond butter/almond milk. I certainly don't want to create another sensitivity.<br><br>
Golden

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I haven't done the elimination for myself but I have had to avoid things because of my nursing kids & their allergies. I know it can be difficult. I'm sure it will pay off for you. I really notice a difference when I eat foods that support my body vs the ones that don't.<br>
Good luck to you.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My body was a wreck until I eliminated foods. For six months I ate nothing but chicken, rice and most green veggies (pretty literally). I slowly added foods and learned I am intolerant (to varying degrees) of gluten, dairy, corn-syrup, refined sugars, and the nightshade family which cuts out a whole heapin helpin of foods. Over time, I have learned to cook and eat much more friendly for myself. I have been on a stricter diet now for going on six years; absolutely no wheat/gluten or corn) and very little of the other mentioned foods, and I feel the best I have for most of my life. Stick with it...you learn a lot and it does get easier. PM me if you need support. Good luck!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts