Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, ladies!!<br><br>
Need to figure out an elimination diet with concrete examples of what I can eat. DS had blood traces in his poop and here I thought eliminating dairy would do the trick.<br><br>
The usual elimanation diet consists of a lot of lamb and other meat- anybody got ideas to what's safe and has some examples that won't starve me?? I am marathonnursing.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would keep off dairy but also eliminate citrus, nuts, and wheat and see if that's it. If not, then I'd eliminate soy (if that's your primary protein source). I'm guessing you will need to start eating beans and rice for protein. If you eat eggs, you can get a good source of protein there too.<br><br>
Edited to add: <a href="http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/T041200.asp" target="_blank">http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/T041200.asp</a> for some examples of what you can eat (ignore the meat part).

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that's exactly the site I looked at. Since I don't eat meat, it only leaves me with rice, sqash and pear juice. all the other veggies and soy are off limits. no nuts, so that protein is of limits. What the hell are you supposed to eat?? I just had a 4 week mastitis- what kind of elimination diet will avoid starving me??

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm a vegan so I totally sympathize. Are you still off of dairy? You need to give that about two weeks to work. Also, I would cut out one food group at a time, not all at once, so you don't starve. Give each food a week to ten days to get out of your system. Dairy takes longer so I advise you to stay off of it for a solid three weeks just to be sure. I would also look at what foods you tend to eat a lot. Try to think if maybe you overdid it on something the day you discovered the bloody poop. Sometimes just rotating and cutting back can help.<br><br>
Does that help at all?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hi, I'm veggie and limited my diet to find out what was causing digestive problems and a rash on my son. Turned out to be dairy and took about a month before the rash cleared. Are there any history of allergies in your family? I cut out dairy, soy and wheat. I ate other grains like quinoa, millet and rice. I also didn't eat citrus. I would have rice pasta dishes, veggie stirfry with almonds and rice, veggie sushi, salads, fruit, I did eat oats (although they contain some gluten) so I had oat muffins, oatmeal, Spelt bread-avocado sandwiches, Potato/sweet potato dishes, rice milk, almond milk, I baked wheat free dairy free goodies. That's my personal experience and I'm luck I only had to do it for 6 weeks or so. It wasn't to bad. My son still can't eat dairy, although at about 6 months he seemed to tolerate it again in my breast milk. I wish you luck-

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Oh the fun of EDs. I'm living on squash, apple and turkey (obviously not veg). MOst of the veggie mamas I've seen do one of the lesser allergen beans with squash, rice, and pears. And it did take us abot 10-12 days to clear dairy =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts