Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i probably should have asked about this before i ordered it
but has anyone tried the ellaroo lightly padded ring sling with an open tail? i currently have a maya, and i have a hard time getting it adjusted right. i was thinking the padding would help keep the tail from slipping through the rings. im sure thats a user error on my part, and im still working with the maya. i also figured the light padding would be pretty comfy to me and dd. soooooooooo... any thoughts on this sling?

TIA!!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Yes, it rocks. This is an awesome sling, and it does have a lower learning curve than the MW because of the shoulder style. However, I don't theink the padding continues into the tail, so unless you are really small and need to tighten the sling beyond the usual point, the padding probably won't affect the way it stays put. In the MW, and in any ring sling, if the tail is bunched up, it can cause slippage.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it arrived today! woohoo!! just have to try it out with a non-fussy dd when she awakens from her nap.

tupelo youre right, the padding doesnt really go into the tail. but somehow it does stay put better than the maya. glad to hear someone likes this sling!!

ackray i got the beige spirals. its really nice and soft. it looks a bit faded in some places but i guess thats how its supposed to look. kind of a dyed effect, or something. which fabric did you get?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I got the blue spiral one! I had a hard time deciding between the two, and finally decided on the blue because I thought the beige would make me look very pale. Shallow, I know!:LOL I can't wait to get it!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was torn between the blue and beige as well. i went with the one that jumped out at me first, but believe me i agonized for a while!!!

let me say that i already
this sling!!!!!!! ive been wearing dd around in it since she got up and im not uncomfy at all. she doesnt seem to be uncomfy either, shes sitting here chewing on a rattle, so yay!!!!!!!!!!

i do have another question, though, did i thread it wrong or is the tail supposed to show the "back" side of the fabric? does that make sense???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.