Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This topic was mentioned on another forum and I am trying to find out more about it. Does anyone have experience with this, or have any info about it? I guess I'm having a hard time dealing with everything this past year, and don't want to give up hope yet....thanks

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I did look into this a number of years ago, but I don't think the organization I was looking at is around anymore - I couldn't find them online, at any rate.\

However, if you google Embryo Donation, you will come up with a list of organizations that can give you more information.

Good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Organizations imo for various reasons. I don't care for the political agenda (imo) attached to many of these organizations. This may or may not be important to you. They are most of the time pricey, AND I don't think their success rate is as good as getting donation directly from the ivf clinics. There is the "middleman" so to speak who charge pretty high fees, but not so at the clinics directly.

For the best success I recmd donations from the clinics in your area. It is much more affordable (much more) and I think generally you get better embryo quality. In my area (midwest)you can go to the IVF clinic and be put on "their" list pretty easily. You must be a "good candidate" for it though, and be a patient at the clinic. At the clinic in our area, you just need to go to the RE for an appt. Good health, and a IF diagnosis, is most likely required (considered good candidate). Embryo Donation in this manner can be as little as $2000 (if you don't have to take the meds) up to about $4000 (with meds). This was the costs last year with no insurance coverage for. DE can be $30,000. easily alone. Quite a difference for a chance (although pretty good) it can be costly if you can't afford to do this a few times. With
DE cycle yourself though there IS a better chance to have enough for another try.

Hope I gave you some info re.

A friend of mine did DE a few years back so I am pretty familiar with it. One of my relatives (by marriage) was the donor. Wasn't Embryo Donation, but became quite familiar with this through my relatives experience (was a positive one all the way around ; )

If I can be of further help re this, let me know.

bjunkie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.