Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My husband may be getting out of the Army earlier than planned, this would mean that we may not qualify for the VA loan that we were depending on to get our house, among other things. My plan had been to pay off the car ASAP but now I don't know. Should I be throwing our extra $$ towards our 6 month emergency fund (we have $0 saved), towards our car or towards a house? I'm scared that he'll be out of the Army and we will end up with no job. :(</p>

·
Registered
19 Posts
<p>Right now I would put anything extra into an emergency fund. When I got out of the Air Force it took me about a month and a half to get a job, wasn't such a big deal for me though because at the time I was single, no kids and went home to live with my parents so my bills were vehicle insurance, food and gas to get to interviews. With a family to care for I'd want at least a couple months worth of money to pay the bills until there's steady income again. I would worry about the house later. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Amy</p>

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Thanks, we'll be doing that for sure. I would feel better with a cushion anyway...</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts