Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I know I'm emotional, and I just expect to cry at least once a day. That doesn't bother me at all, and it actually makes me feel better. Except, last night I was watching So You Think You Can Dance results show, and started crying when the girl got voted off!!
I don't know why...it doesn't affect my life in any way, I just thought the other girl should have been voted off. I was really sad and trying to hold back tears so my dh wouldn't think I was a nut-job, but couldn't help it. I had to go grab a handful of tissue, and ended up crying over it for almost 10 minutes!!
:

I just want to know if anybody else is crying everyday, or if it's just me being too overwhelmed with life and pregnancy lately.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm still tearing up all the time. Not every day, but close to it. Most recently, let's see, there was an article in the paper about this little boy with some medical problem that made it hard for him to walk
and his mom promised him two tickets to anywhere if he could get to the car without his canes,
and he decided to up the ante and make the goal to get around the bases in his special needs softball league
so he kept trying and trying and she thought he wasn't going to be able to do it so she asked if he wanted to switch back to the car goal but he said NO he was determined to do it, but could he change the "prize" to a trip to Disneyland with his 2 older sisters because having them there would be "so cool."
And then he DID it and accompanying the article was a photo of the boy with his sisters at Disney. Waaaaaaaaah. Possibly because I am an older sister, this had me sobbing into my cereal. Then again when I tried to explain it to DH.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimi37
Then again when I tried to explain it to DH.
I'll do that, I'll cry at those sob-story chain emails, then when I try and explain it to DH I'll cry again and feel like a total dork. He generally suggests that I not open up any more emails...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by myhoneyswife
He generally suggests that I not open up any more emails...
This sounds like my dh. Ah, so practical.
I enjoy a good sob too. And the smallest things can set it off. I have been especially emotional regarding patients at the hospital lately. Also, I can cry just looking at my kids now. This am we were all eating breakfast together with dh and I started to tear up. They were so cute in their pjs and bedheads munching on bagels. I felt so complete. Sigh... The domestic life.....
V

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
I'm right there with you, crying at everything. I keep having dreams that something bad happens to one of my dd's and I completely lose it. I have to go in and check on them and give them kisses.

And I agree Natalie should have gone instead of Allison.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yup....sobbing is the story of my life....okay, maybe not my life but almost everyday. I cry at emails, reading the newspaper, listening to music. I love it when I'm watching a movie with my kids...like say, Mulan, and I start sobbing. "Oh mama, its okay, it ends good" or "Why you sad mama?? the movies not sad." lolol
I'm glad my hubby can usually see it coming when I'm gonna start crying for "no reason"...he can usually grab hold before I need someone to lean on

It seems to be par for the course. I don't remeber crying so much with my other babes, but DH says...oh yeah, you did.
I'll have to take his word for it!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Me too!! I've never really been very moody or "hormonal", never felt like I had PMS, and here I am feeling weepy over little things and over nothing! It's very surprising to me, and I think a little upsetting for my partner who's not used to seeing me like this.

Diprincess, I completely agree with you about the results - I liked Allison much better and was sad to see her go before Natalie.

Erin, due 9/10

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am not crying everyday which is normal for me. I got embarrassed last month in church, it was Father's Day, and the sermon moved me so much I started crying. I felt like such a dork, lol. I try to get plenty of rest, or else lack of sleep will turn on the water works

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Okay, I'm there... I was crying yesterday because organizing the storage room was not working well for me and I was frusturated. Hello, I'm 3. So, now about 50 % of it is still lined up on one side of the hall, but I'll work on it some more after work (ahem, and after i get off MDC). Bwwwwwaaaaa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts