Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good oils, vitamins, healthy diets, green tea, lots of water etc are all great on a physical level, but what role does your emotional state play on your ability to conceive and sustain a pregnancy?

I was just wondering, as I believe my fragile emotional state 6 months ago (we moved house from the country back to the city which involved a huge personal adjustment and a range of emotions, have had financial issues, had to give up a beloved pet etc) may have contributed to my having a miscarriage. The stress and emotions ran around inside my body contributing to feelings of uneasiness and sadness...then ofcourse, I had to deal with the grief and loss of my miscarriage. I also grappled with depression and was on anti d's for 10 months when my daughter was 2, she is now 4, and weaned off them just prior to our move, not knowing the move and miscarriage would be waiting in store. Boy am I glad to see the back of 2005!

We wanted to start TTC soon after, but decided to let things settle and get Christmas and New Years out of the way but now I am facing the ill health of my beloved and faithful 13 year old dog......

We are not using any contraception at the moment but I still feel pretty sad and emotional alot of the time.....does emotional stress contribute to lack of fertility and ability to sustain a pregnancy?

· Registered
7,799 Posts
Hi Mama........
I know the strain & big ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))) about your furkid.

Many kids are conceived during stressful times but maybe for some of us that are very susceptable to the stress, maybe it's harder.
I KNOW I had an early m/c (about 4 wks) due to all the pressure my BF was giving me to "lose it"

I have been on meds off/on for a several yrs.
I know that merry-go-round.
All I can say is please hang out here. There is SUPER supportive folks on the TTC area.
we'll limp thru together

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for your post and your support!!!

I agree, Mothering is a really great place to hang out and it has really been my saving grace for 4 years now on so many levels!!! Wow that 4 years went really fast....

My furkid is doing better today, but we have to take each day at a time.....expecting my period tomorrow, so will wait and see if it comes.....meanwhile I'll be hanging out here in TTC for a little while.....thanks again.

· Registered
7,799 Posts
OT - yes we lost out eldest German Shep (10 yrs) suddenly @ the end of Oct 2004 & we are still reeling from that.
I can hardly look @ pictures of him.
So I know.
I tattooed the name of my female German Shep we lost 3.5 yrs ago. Time to add his name.

I think a positive state of mid does help in PG.
Stress lets out suchmuch bad stuff in your body, it cannot be good so I try really hard but it always seems the few mos that I think we had a good chance of catching eggie is the mos when the crap hits the fan -
:

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is so absolutely true......we keep postponing 'the grand conception' while waiting for some 'quiet unemotional time' which doesnt seem to ever come around....

That is so amazing that you tattoed the name of your dog - a true sign of your love and devotion, but then they give us so much faithful devotion dont they? They are beautiful loving members of our families. Our dog seems to be stabilising out - we upped her heart medication 6 days ago and she seems more comfortable. I slept really well last night for the first time in 2 weeks. I just want her to be comfortable....

No period yet today and my boobs were pretty sore last night while i slept on my belly, but could mean period is approaching??

I just have to try and get a handle on my emotions and fears and find that calm inner space so I dont have to rely on meds again...I really wanna do it on my own so I dont have to go through a pregnancy on meds. I do wonder though if my serotonin receptors do need a little help? You mentioned you were on and off them for a while?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.