Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else really emotional? Lately I have been border-line freakshow
I feel fine one minute and the next I can be just bawling for no apparent reason. Dh has been working alot lately , which has never been an issue before (hes on 24 hour call)and I feel abandoned. I feel lonely and I feel just plain like I might lose my mind. Anyone else?

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'm sorry! I HATE being emotional. My DH is home right now and I feel abandoned if he is sitting there reading and not talking to me! I feel like a a 24 hour see-saw. One day I'm giddy and the next I'm miserable about NOTHING. It sucks!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've been a megabeast lately! I'm not sad or crying- just really irritable and grouchy. I have had no patience with my kids- which is not fun while homeschooling, and poor dh! He's weathering the storm pretty well, though. I'd want to kill me if I were him!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I've been pretty emotionally stable overall lately (unlike the first tri!), but yesterday was too much. Dh and I are on vacation this week observing the Sukkos holiday, but for some reason I just feel depressed whenever I have a long period (more than a day or two) of free/unstructured time. I was in a bad mood all day, for more or less no reason.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Oh me too! I've been a bitch-a-saurus lately. I can feel that I am irritated and I can't pin point why. I give DH warning though and he eggshell walks to not set me off. Which is sweet of him, then I feel bad that I'm a horrible wife. Oh it's a mean cycle!

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I've actually been more stable emotionally than usual! I think it's because the non-pregnant me is in a constant state of over-estrogen, that this being pregnant thing, has really balanced me out, even Mr Toona says so! It's nice now, but I'm concerned post-partum.

I feel for you mama's though that feel all over the place.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
I've actually been more stable emotionally than usual! I think it's because the non-pregnant me is in a constant state of over-estrogen, that this being pregnant thing, has really balanced me out, even Mr Toona says so! It's nice now, but I'm concerned post-partum.

I feel for you mama's though that feel all over the place.

when i was pg with dd it was the first time in my entire life i felt emotionally stable. i have pcos, and would go for very, very long stretches without af. man, was i PSYCHO!

now i am a "normal" cycling woman and while emotionally it's great, i'm not looking forward to monthly bleeding. blech.
:

·
Registered
112 Posts
g-d hormones?? emotional?? i went to see dirty dancing in the theatre tonight and went through emotions of crying and then wanting to rip the main guys clothes off and then crying and then i was fidgety and wanted to leave!! and this was all in like 2 hours!!

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarletBegonias View Post
when i was pg with dd it was the first time in my entire life i felt emotionally stable. i have pcos, and would go for very, very long stretches without af. man, was i PSYCHO!

now i am a "normal" cycling woman and while emotionally it's great, i'm not looking forward to monthly bleeding. blech.
:
Gosh, I'm glad to know it's not just a fluke! I don't have PCOS, but my overly sized self and its estrogen imbalance keeps me from having any reliable cycles (oh lately it's been, 2-4 a year). And Yes, when no AF comes, wildly uncontrollability presides! Mr Toona is amazed at the level-headedness.

Are you normal cycling due to meds, or did you take careof that some other way? BTW how is post-partum for you, hormonally...

Sorry to overtake the thread!

Oh mama...me that's ok, Dirty Dancing's allowed to make you do that, and hormonally you're even more allowed!!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I am TOTALLY emo right now!! I feel like a teenager. I had a week or so of this in the first tri, too, and I wonder if I'm in a hormone surge of some kind. I'm very weepy and clingy and blue about everything. (Today I seem to be climbing out of it a little, but UGH -- it makes me worry about ppd, honestly).

So, no, you're not alone!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I feel you on this one. I am a basketcase lately. I don't really know why. I have a great support system. My husband and my family (in-laws) too, are FANTASTIC!!! I have been really horrible with my DS and DD lately. I have ZERO patience with them it seems. It's sad too, b/c I always thought this was a very strong point for me. They are sensing it too...big time! They are giving me the cold shoulder and yet won't leave me alone if that could possibly make any sense. They have both all but weaned (both their choice, although I'm sure my lack of milk is a factor) in the last month...and I'm sure this has a lot to do with it. I just feel crappy about the way I've been acting. I said some really nasty things to them today, and I feel that I acted so immaturely.

I hope they will forgive me. I love them so.

Hugs to all the Mamas feeling upside-down and inside-out!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.