Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where I work, they have this employee stock plan. I do not contribute anything to it, but obviously, they do whatever it is that they do. Anyway, last year, I had gotten a paper in my box at work that said I had a certain amount of money, I was a certain amount vested, so the dollar amount was whatever it was...less than $1000.00. I just cleared my box out this morning, and I got the same sheet again this year that says I have $7XXX.XX, I am 60% vested, and that dollar amount is $43XX.XX. My question is...am I allowed to take that $4000 out and use it to pay bills? Am I allowed the whole $7000? We have several bills (piddly little stuff really) that if we could just get paid off, we could live so much more stress free. Mostly it's old utility bills, medical bills, the like. We have no old credit card debt, in fact, we didn't even have a credit card until 5ish months ago, and although I've been using, I've also been paying it off each month. It only has a $750 credit limit. We are also being forced to move...long story...within the next 30-60 days, and will need a new bed wherever we end up because DH refuses to take my queen size bed back out of the attic of this house after what he went thru to get it up there. I know there will probably be some penalty or tax requirement for me to take any of this money out, but I would definately try to get by with as little as necessary.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts