Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Read all about it!</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:small;"><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:10pt;"><span style="font-family:arial;">Whatever your views on Health Care Reform, there is something WONDERFUL that has come out the recent tome of legislation.</span></span></span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:small;"><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:10pt;"><span style="font-family:arial;">The Fair Labor Standards Act has been amended to include a provision that requires employers (of 50 or more) to provide a private pumping space for mothers that is NOT a bathroom, for one year after the birth of a child. Additionally, they must offer ‘reasonable’ (but can be uncompensated) break time for pumping AS NEEDED.</span></span></span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:small;"><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:10pt;"><span style="font-family:arial;">I’ve included a link to the Dept. of Labor’s FAQ sheet and the file attachment of the flyer.</span></span></span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:small;"><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:10pt;"><span style="font-family:arial;">Share this information with EVERY mom as some employers may not be aware. This should be shown to the HR department of your company if they are not already aware.</span></span></span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:small;"><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:10pt;"><span style="font-family:arial;">Hooray for Breastfeeding Moms!!</span></span></span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs73.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs73.pdf</a></p>

·
Registered
989 Posts
<p>I have a friend who is a public school teacher, and she just told me she had no idea what the deal was with nursing breaks. I told her I thought there was federal legislation on it now, but hadn't had time to look it up- I just posted this on her FB page- Thanks for the link!</p>

·
Registered
999 Posts
<p>VERY cool. especially for those who can't take a year off with their baby (we can in canada), it's about time someone realized that you need to feed your baby all day, not just outside work hours :)</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts