Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone would like to share any thoughts or quotes that have helped or hopefully will help them through birthing.
I ran across this article that has some good ones.
http://www.hypnobirthingutah.com/quotes/

I found for my last birth that these helped:
- I got through that last wave/ surge/ cntx, and now I never have to do that one again.
- I can do ANYTHING for a minute.
-Birth is safe.
-my body knows how to birth

And some new ones I'd like to add for this time.
-the kidney stones were worse! I get a baby this time!
-I am in a safe place with experienced supportive midwives.

What are your favorite affirmations?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The only thing I ever tell myself is "Nothing lasts forever". I use this for everything. I worked with my dad once as a young adult and I had the most terrible few days. I was sick, it was cold, windy and muddy and I was working alone. I just told myself to keep my head down, keep pushing through, and the end of the day would come eventually.

I specifically told my doula to remind me of this when I was in labor with my first child. I told her that if I got to a time where I was just fed up and miserable to remind me to keep my head down and it would end eventually. Some things you just have to suck it up and move through.

That might not be as positive as you wanted. :lol

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Fox-fern I love the kidney stones one! I haven't had any, thanks be to God, but that's a good one.

I hope I won't be sad to not be pregnant anymore. Despite all the aches and pains, I enjoy being pregnant. Baby is so easy to take care of while still unborn :) my only quiet child for now, gentle most of the time until she really wakes up and gives a strong kick or two, not a picky eater, no poopy diapers yet - I could go on and on. But the point of pregnancy is to produce a baby, and I need to remember that. It's helping to picture holding her, listening to her, trying to breastfeed her, loving her. It also very much helps to talk to her sometimes - throughout the last month at least I've been greeting her by name when she wakes up some of the time. I need to trust God about postpartum depression and being in the hospital, and trust Him about taking care of my family, including my newest daughter, after she is born.

I'm looking forward to her birth, especially if she waits until after Sunday's baby shower. My husband likes to brag that I didn't yell or scream when birthing #4 meds free in the hospital...I don't bring it up so as not to brag or compare myself with other mothers in front of them, but it will be good to remember that and remember my OB/GYn at the time admiring how in control I was.

One of Mom's favorite affirmations is "This, too, shall pass".

One of mine is "My Mother my Confidence" referring to the Blessed Virgin Mary, and another is "Jesus I trust in Thee."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts