Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for you all: while extended nursing, do you have irregular periods?

AF returned when DD was 11 months old. She's now 16 1/2 months, and AF has been like clockwork for the past 5 months. Problem is, now it's been 39 days since AF, and it's making me a little nervous!

Kind of hoping it can be explained by extended nursing.

If you say "no", it's going to be off to the drugstore for me . . .

Thanks!
Nichole

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Well...EN can definitely cause irregular periods, but...if you've been regular for the past 5 months, I'd perhaps make that trip to the drugstore, just in case...

(although it could still be the nursing!)

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I agree with Carolyn. My cycle returned very quickly after DD was born, the first cycle was long but after that they were clockwork. Then one month it was 2 days "late" I didn't think I was pg but while it Target picked up a test -
and I'm due in 8ish weeks!

Keri

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, congratulations, Keri! How happy for you!

You ladies made me nervous, so I took a test, and it was
I was a little relieved, but a little sad, too.

Anyway, I bet it has something to do with the fact that my DD had the stomach flu this month. For a week, breastmilk was about the only thing she could keep down. I would bet that the stepped-up nursing affected my cycle somehow. Hey, I'm not complaining about AF not showing!

Thanks for the advice!
Nichole

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
I definately noticed that between DD & DS. Got AF back right before DD's 1st b-day then had it like 3 times at 3 weeks each, then got really funky for a long time: always like 35-40 days, then once that would have been a perfect 28 day cycle but got pg with DS. It can definately go up down and all around when you're nursing--- some people even stop again if baby picks up nursing a lot more.

Kay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts