Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had no clue how to answer your email, so here it is. It is from MS Everyday Food mag, May 2004.<br><br>
ETA: 3 cups leftover chicken (shred)<br>
6 scallions, sliced any which way<br>
Coarse salt and ground pepper<br>
1 can pumpkin purée (15 oz. or 1 3/4 cups)<br>
4 garlic cloves, peeled<br>
1 jalapeño chile, quartered (remove ribs and seeds for less heat, if desired) -can add more if you like spicy<br>
1 tsp chili powder<br>
8 (6") corn tortillas<br>
1.5 c grated sharp white cheddar<br><br>
Preheat oven to 425°. In a medium bowl, combine chicken and scallions. Season generously with salt and pepper; set aside.<br><br>
In a blender, purée pumpkin, garlic, jalapeño, chili powder, 2.5 cups water, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth- be careful about blender flowing over. Pour 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of an 9 x 13" baking dish.<br><br>
Lay tortillas on work surface; mound chicken mixture on half of each tortilla, dividing evenly. Roll up tortillas; place, seam side down, in baking dish.<br><br>
Pour remaining sauce on top; sprinkle with cheese. Place dish on a baking sheet; bake until cheese is golden and sauce is bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
I am a veggie, but totally getting some fake chicken analogs to try to make this recipe! thanks for posting it!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Thank you thank you!<br><br><br>
I'm a pumpkin fanatic.<br>
I knew my MIL was a good cookie when she made me pumpkin lasagne the first time we met. (A tip from DH that I dug the orange stuff.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts