Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd is almost 28 months and has known how to go on the potty since July. She wants to go to the bathroom at least 2 times after going to bed each & every night. This is after going at least 2 times w/in 45 minutes before going to bed. And the first time she wanted to go last night was w/in 2 minutes of laying down! It's driving me nuts! She is in diapers day & night. She wore underwear for a few days about 2 weeks ago, doing a wonderful job the first day and peeing almost every hour in her clothes the 2nd & 3rd days. Each night I tell her that we will go to the bathroom before bed and that she isn't going to go again until the morning.<br><br>
This is making it take her 45min. to 1 hour 15 min or more to get to sleep. I think she needs less sleep these days than I would like her to need. And if she doesn't start going to bed easier, I'm going to start getting her up earlier. I can't stand being up late all the time.<br><br>
If anyone has any suggestions for getting a young child to go to bathroom before bed, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've even tried telling her she can go in her diaper or has to wait until the morning and she crawls out of bed crying saying she has to go. I really don't know what to do!<br><br>
Thanks.<br>
SUs

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, so I got no responses to this. Am I the only one with this problem?<br><br>
Last night I decided to only let her go once. She cried and screamed off and on for an hour. I was with her the whole time. Then when we woke up, she had held her pee all night.<br><br>
I hate her screaming and crying but since she held it all night, I know that her reason for wanting to go isn't because she's dieing to go.<br><br>
Sus

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
We established early on that at bed time, the reason you wear a diaper is to pee in it. If you need to go to the bathroom, you will go in your diaper. If you are just doing that to avoid going to sleep, you won't go in your diaper.<br><br>
We haven't had much of a problem with this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts