Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
7,713 Posts
I am a long way off (in time) from that phase but I do remember getting sick a ton when the kids were littler. I reassured myself that there was a limited number of cold viruses in existence (like 200?) and so each cold I got was one more checked off the list! Since the kids have gotten older, I rarely get sick anymore, even when I am caring for them directly.

I would add, though, that I think you are correct that your current situation as a breastfeeding mom is part of the issue. While immensely protective of the baby, it is a lot for you. I wonder if you should see someone just to make sure you are doing everything possible to nurture and nourish yourself? Pneumonia is kind of a big deal and the fact that your body went there is concerning. That is the only thing about your situation that makes me worry a little because I don't think that is typical and may point to some sense that your body is really run down.

Hope this is helpful and doesn't make you more concerned!

· Premium Member
7,713 Posts
Maybe for yourself, since you are so susceptible, it makes sense to see a homeopath or naturopath--someone who will work from the inside out with you, rather than the outside in. Medical doctors don't tend to know nearly as much about prevention as holistic practitioners.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.