Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to change my diet because I am pretty sure I have endometriosis and I know I have large fibroids. The fibroids were unexpected, we found out during pregnancy with my dd. I have suspected endometriosis for years though. I have decided it's time to stop ignoring it and finally do something about it and first thing is diet change. It should be easier at home, dh is supportive and always up for a new diet and dd is too young to complain. The problem is what do you eat when you are out? We go to the in laws about once a week and I usually just eat what's provided because I don't want to be a pain, but I need to be strict now.
Does anyone else follow this diet?
What do you bring when going to dinners? Are there any prepackaged snack foods I can eat? I need something in my purse for me and my toddler when we have long days out. Any suggestions would be appreciated, Tia

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tips on Diet Recipes for Endometriosis:
1. Eating different foods to get rich and balanced nutrition;
2. Eating more vegetables and fruits appropriately;
3. Eating some kinds of food which are useful to speed up blood circulation;
4. Eating a healthful diet of low refined carbohydrates;

Some specific foods we can try:
Millet
It contains a lot of carbohydrates which has a great effect on relieving stress, tension, fatigue. Cooking it into porridge is the best choice.

Mushroom
Mushrooms contain a variety of vitamins, minerals which play a significant role on promoting human metabolism and improving the body's resilience. You can choose to cook it with other vegetables.

Hawthorn

Hawthorn contains flavonoids named vitexin. It has been confirmed that it has great effect on treating cancer. To endometriosis, hawthorn can speed up the blood circulation. Most of the time, we can just eat the fresh hawthorn, also, you can make some DIY for it like making some hawthorn soup by yourselves.

Except for those foods introduced above, you can choose some Chinese medicine to cooperate with the diet treatment. In China, making a diet with some herbs is also a way of curing body. Natural herbs such as Poria cocos, Rradices scutellariae, Gardenia, Atractylodes ovata, Dioscorea Batatas, Atractylodes sinensis, Talcum, Angelica, Semen persicae, Saffron, liquorice, etc. are helpful in relieving endometriosis. Herbal medicines like Fuyan Pill has been confirmed effective to treat endometriosis. Some famous and experienced herbalists believe this treatment works well because it can adjust levels of estrogen and it’s also proved to be linked with the flare of endometriosis pain.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi The Booggs Momma. It is a pity that this is happening to you. But you can use the diet to fix the problem. The main tasks of nutrition in endometriosis are two: suppress the synthesis of estrogens and strengthen immunity. As you know, estrogens are steroid hormones, which are obtained in the human body from animal fats.
In addition, fats of animal origin in a small amount are necessary for the body for proper metabolism. Therefore, the diet should adhere to the golden mean: animal meat can be, but only lean and in small amounts, not more than 200 g per day. But, in addition, animal proteins are found in dairy products, eggs and fish.
The use of fish has its own nuances: low-fat marine fish can be consumed without restrictions. But today it is established that for the correct metabolism, fat marine fish are also useful - the polyunsaturated fatty acids contained in it improve metabolic processes, including positively influence the synthesis of hormones. Therefore, once a week a small amount of oily marine fish is recommended to be included in the diet.
To normalize the hormonal background, you also need to fill the missing amount of progesterone in the body. It turns out, and it is possible, to plants with progestagen (similar progesterone) activity, for example, raspberry.
But this is not enough, because the hormonal background can be restored only with the proper metabolism, and this requires carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals, that is all that is contained in vegetables, fruits, cereals.
For proper metabolism, vitamins and minerals (vegetables, fruits, juices) are also needed. To properly implement the biochemical processes involved in the metabolism, you need to consume carbohydrates, but not easily assimilated (sweets and buns), and complex carbohydrates, which are found in vegetables, cereals, and coarse bread.
In order for such food to benefit, the dishes should be steamed, boiled or stewed, and some vegetables and fruits should be eaten raw. What matters is the diet: the even intake of a small amount of food contributes to the proper metabolism.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts