Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sil's Dr think she has endometriosis. She has had painful periods nearly since she started having periods. They have recently switched her BC so that she would only have a period once every 3 months.<br><br>
Where would you suggest that I direct her to find out more about symptoms and treatment options?<br><br>
TIA

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Definitely recommend she read Dr. Christiane Northrup's book Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom. She also has a website that has excellent resources at <a href="http://www.drnorthrup.com" target="_blank">www.drnorthrup.com</a><br><br>
warmly,<br>
claudia

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Dr. John Lee's book, "What Your Dr. May Not Tell You About Premenopause" is very good as well. He says endo is a result of too high estrogen and recommends treatment with natural progesterone cream instead of artificial hormones.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Get her off bcpills as soon as you can convince her. They will simply mask the issue and not deal with it.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
In Rosemary Gladstar's book <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Herbal Healing for Women</span> there is a awesome section on endo.....I formulated all the recipes for my friend who was suffering terribley and 1 year later she is having pain free cycles with proper blood flow. IT is truely terrific.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I've heard John Lee's book is awesome too. Check out Prof. Jane Plant's book "Your life is in your hands". It's about how the main cause of breast cancer is probably cow's milk, since it has so many hormones in it these days, and breast cancer is a hormonally related cancer. However endo is hormonally related too. The birth control pill as a cause she doesn't mention nearly enough, but it's still a great read.<br>
Plant, a top natural scietist in the UK. got breast cancer, did all the conventiona;l treatments, including masectomy, chemo. etc. but the cancer recurred 5 times. She was in the end basically told to go home and prepare for the end. Except she finally twigged about the milk. When she cut it out completely, the lump on her neck started shrinking. And so she survived.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts