Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been diagnosed with endo. My doc gave me a few options but none sound all that appealing. I have samples of bc, she gave me the option of Lupron or a lap.<br><br>
I'd really prefer not to get back on bc, but it sounds the best of the choices she gave me.<br><br>
Are there any natural remedies that have helped anyone? I'm just not sure which way to go at this point. I need to do something though for the pain.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
What are your symptoms that are bothering you. Is there any way that you can treat just the symptoms?<br>
I have endo but it dosn't cause me much problems aside from a buildup of scar tissue (which 3 c/s didn't help) I just get a little pain around O time and when AF shows.<br>
A freind of mine with endo swears by massage to help break up the scar tissue that causes the adhsions and pain for her. Are you TTC and it's causing problems at all or do you plan on having more kids. If you are planning on having more kids and there is endo near/on your tubes then I would consider the BC pills untill you wish to TTC to try and stop the buildup in the tubes as it can block them (I only have one that was functional)

·
Registered
635 Posts
I was diagnosed through a lap 12 years ago after countless doctor visits, ultrasounds, and bc prescriptions that just didn't work. My doctor recommended Lupron, but after doing some research I decided it wasn't for me--very scary side effects.<br><br>
I didn't think the lap was all that bad, and it did provide relief for awhile. I have heard that if you are TTC, then having a lap gives you about a 12 month window where fertility is greatly increased. Surprisingly, for me having kids has made my endo much less painful. Sorry, I don't have any natural remedies to suggest--just wanted to let you know I empathize with you on what you are going through.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We're not ttc and not sure we're having more. My symptoms are mainly pain, I have a large cyst on my right ovary that's very painful, pain during intercourse, my periods are long, heavy, and very painful.<br><br>
I'm leaning towards the bc for the time being and seeing how that goes. Thanks for your responses!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had great results treating my endo with yoga. Supta baddhakonasana and more intense backbends. If you think this might help seek out a qualified instructor in your area to help.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
there is an endo diet similar to the one for PCOS. it may help, it has for my mother. i personally have just started it for my suspected endo. i am not sure of anything else yet....just that mom doesn't have to take anything other than pamperin anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts