Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying out some of the recipes from Stevia - naturally sweet recipes for desserts, drinks and more! by Rita DePuydt

i really like the book, it's easy to follow and most importantly, the recipes have all turned out very nicely! some of the recipes are a little fussier than i'm used to (steps like let fruit and stevia sit for a while), but have adapted well to my efforts to simplify them to fit the life of a busy mama (ie: omitting the sitting for a while) And she gives some tips for using stevia in everyday cooking situations and to help convert over conventional recipes to stevia

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've been using powdered stevia extract without fillers. the author gives conversion charts for using the different kinds of stevia and explains a bit about some of the fillers that are used and why different types work better with different recipes. she even gives instructions on how to make your own stevia concentrate from dried stevia leaf and uses that in quite a few recipes

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
thanks for this info!

I have beenusing liquid stevia in iced tea and lemonade.
DH doesnt care for it in his coffee

but i want to use it more since he is diabetic and i hate to think what all the chemicals he eats is doing to him.

thank you!!!

Amy

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Oooooh - that's great thanx for the review!

I would love to use more Stevia, it's sooo expensive here though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts