Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are under contract for our first home. We are negotiating about the furnace among other things. I'm wondring if there is any info out there on rebates from the state or something for purching a new (possiably more energy efficient furnace)? Where do I look? I've heard that many newer appliance have these rebates. Do they come from the state? Or appliance company? Im' in CT

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know the answer to this one? Or where I could look to find an answer? I know many appliance have rebates. Are they through the state? Or through the appliance? We will be replacing ahot air octopus with a seperate blower.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
i'm in minnesota, it really varies location to location. But federally I think public utility companies receive some kind of incentive for energy education and in Minnesota that means they pass on rebates and such to consumers.

My natural gas company (which is really the city) also has a deal where you can qualify for a low-interest loan on a furnace that is assumeable when the home changes owners...you have the option of paying it off and/or the new owner can take it on. Anyhow so we did that a few years ago and it has signigicantly reduced our natural gas bill despite the rising cost of gas.

The utility (power? I think) company here provides a "home energy audit" which means they come to your house and determine how much money you can save doing various things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.