Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something from elsewhere...

Quote:
When circumcised men recognize what was done to them was senseless and harmful and leave their children whole, they're changing the world; that boy will grow up with his whole penis. When unaltered men become fathers, whether they're blessed with boys or girls leaving them intact should be equally obvious.

The problem is, questioning circumcision when it was done to you is difficult. The thought process sometimes goes like this: "Why wouldn't we continue this tradition? It's unnecessary? It's harmful? Sexually damaging? It hurts the baby? They strap them down? The foreskin is good? Functional? Oh. Huh. Okay. But, wait...it was done to me. Does that make me less somehow? Is there something wrong with me? No, no...I'm just fine. My penis is fine. It's perfect. I enjoy sex. He'll be fine too. We should match. Otherwise he might wonder why he's different and feel weird and ask questions." The reality is, Dad doesn't want that intact penis around as a constant reminder that he's missing something.

Thinking about this issue early, long before the pressure's on and the clock is ticking and you're actually expecting a child can give future dads a chance to process and digest and come to terms with their own loss.

It's okay to be sad. It's okay to be p*ssed. It's not cool that someone took advantage of your helplessness and took something from you that wasn't theirs to take. Stealing part of another person's d*ck is beyond rude. You're a survivor, not a victim...and this doesn't have to continue: It can stop with you. You have the power to do the right thing. You can start a new tradition. You have the ability to protect your sons.

Fending off penis-scalpels is pretty d*mn manly. Circumcision really is a primitive American tradition rooted in superstitions about masturbation and hatred of pleasure. Enlightened dad's defend their sons against genital reduction surgery.
Jen

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by savienu View Post
Thanks for posting this. It makes me burst with pride that my husband was so able to say "NO!" and adamantly defends our intact son.
Same here!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.