Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be taking a job, its a long story, but basically dh is chronically ill, we are on public assistance, I got offered a decent job. I have been a sahm mom for 3 years. This is really, really hard for me. My heart breaks just thinking about leaving my kids ds(4) and dd (20 mo). I know they will be well cared for (dh will become sahd) but its seems so hard to focus on a career, I've really enjoyed my time being totally wrapped up in my kids. I don't want it to end yet. I'm scared
:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The transition might be a bit rough, but you will be able to find what works for your family. It took me awhile not to feel a big loss over not being 100% available to my children, but I have seen a lot of benefits from working as well. My income has really helped a lot, and while we have a ways to go before I consider us financially stable, we are at least doing much better. The kids also get to see me being successful, establishing work ethic, and learning to balance priorities in life. I also learned the hard way not to bad-mouth my job at home. Because I was so unhappy at first, I vented a lot of that at home and the kids really saw my job as some rotten thing I did that took me away from home and family. It made it harder for them to adjust to me being a WOHM. I've made a real effort lately to be more positive about my work when I talk with them.

I know it feels like a scary new world -- remember to take care of yourself adn that you really can do this!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.