Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What EO's , besides TTO and Lavender, work well for acne or problem skin? DP hates the smell of TTO, even Lavender EO. He says it's to medicinal smelling and reminds min of a nursing home.
Not the reaction I'm looking for. I like them, but no matter how I clean my face after using one of these he can smell it on me. Help!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Cedarwood, sandalwood, rosemary (be careful of rosemary, it is not good for pregnant women or people who have a tendency toward high blood pressure), grapefruit, orange, bergamot, lemon (just about any citrus essential oil) and others are great for acne.

What you can do is create a synergistic blend of your essential blend. Not only will your blends work wonderfully together, it creates a great scent that is not overpowered by one particular component of the essential. What your husband is smelling is the turpene and camphor in both the lavender and tea tree oils. Camphor smells medicinal and turpene....well, smells like turpentine.

Men tend to like earthy smells. Though sandalwood essential oil is divine, it's rarely found - you may find some Australian variety of the sandalwood essential oil, even though it's the Indian one that is much sought after. Sandalwood is spectacular on acne. There is sandalwood powder at Indian groceries, which you can add a pinch to your cleanser.

I'm not a fan, but some men like patchouli. The citrus scents, of course, are always delightful and lifts up your mood. The only issue is, it may make you happy and giddy, and you won't want to fall asleep after that

Bergamot isn't so light and bubbly as the other citrus essential oils, you can try that.

Let your nose be your guide, add drops at a time until it smells right.

I add essential oils to my Cetaphil gentle cleanser at times and sometimes I add it to my face with a dab of olive oil and a spritz of apple cider vinegar for my 'acne serum.'

Here's some great links that may help you out further:

http://teenadvice.about.com/library/...atp102301j.htm

http://www.greenessence.net/oil_char...oilinfo_3.html
This chart is a God-send...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts