Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me why I am not to put EO's on my face neat (w/no carrier added). I really don't like the way my face feel's when I add a carried (oil) to my TTO, Lavender or Sweet Orange. I put about 3 drops (of any ONE, not all mixed together) on morning & night and its working VERY well. I would like to try Bergamont, but don't know if I need to worry about applying it neat either. Do I need to worry about long term usage of stright EO's, or a toxic build up?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
None of the ones you're talking about have hazards associated with applying the oil neat (tea tree oil, lavender, some citrus oils). So you're okay with what you're doing.

The other ones can be hazardous when undiluted. For example, rosemary oil causes your blood pressure to rise and may give pregnant women complications.

Some carrier oils are not as oily as others. Another dilution method is just plain water or witch hazel.

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
you could burn your skin if applied neat. I know my sensitive skin would be a mess with the exception of lavender!

have you tried apricot oil? (it's really light) not so greasy as say olive or jojoba.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I use just water or I guess any carrier for that matter, isn't 3 drops still 3 drops?

Do I need to worry about Bergamont and that being used neat?
I have looked oll over the 'net' on EO's and all I foud were companied selling them and very little about the useing of them (unless they are telling you how to, but not how to use stright or mix your own).
Spastica, how do you find your information (your answers) so fast?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts