Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Wow... I've only been gone a few days and things here have been BUSY!!!

First off... Pilesoflaundry... I just saw your DDDDC and dang near pee'd my pants
: I'm still laughing :LOL

Polka123 - I'm glad your hubby is okay on all counts!

mamadawg - the twins are too cute for words!!!!

Plum - sounds like you are going to be kept on your toes!

Dreamsindigital - glad things are better

Iluvmybaby -
elcome

mamap - how are you holding up?? Are you doing okay respitorially speaking (is that a word???) I thought about you as we were driving back into the THICK smoke! If it makes us feel any better... our air quality is soooo bad now, they actually have a picture of Fairbanks on the EPAs home page :LOL

We had a great time camping in the new travel trailer. I noticed a million things that need to be fixed and the bad news (since we bought it from a dealer from Wasilla) it has to go back to Wasilla (300 miles away) to have the entire floor replaced (the factory laid the tile without cleaning underneath it and there are actually bolts under the tile
: ) The dealer was great though and offered to pay for our gas to take it down there... speaking of which... HOLY COW!!! We went through 3/4 tank of gas just getting to Denali!!! (it's 120 miles) We swore we heard the cyclone of gasoline leaving our truck! We thought we'd get a reprieve from the smoke down at the park, but no deal... it was smokey there too... but not nearly as bad as home

Emma STILL hasn't cut those teeth that are sitting just under the skin. They've been there for a few weeks now. I wonder if they will ever come out??

Guess that's about all that is new with us.....

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Icequeen_in_ak
How frustrating about your trailer floor. I would be so choked.....

It is Canada Day and my 9th anniversary today!! (well, we were common-law for 3 and "legal" for 6 so we count it as 9
) We ordered pizza and I turned my back for a second and he snatched my 3yo ds' peice and ate it!! This boy will eat anything and tolerates everything!! He has such a huge appetite
It is a nice change from my super picky allergic Akira who still relies on nursing for 1/3 of his nutrition.

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
Okay I am having the worst problem with Kolaiah's allergies. Every time I set him on the floor to play he breaks out in hives!!!! Even when I've vaccumed and washed the carpet his poor little tummy is covered in it! So I can't set him down there at all and I have to take him up to my room. It could be the dog, cats, the carpeting itself...I have no idea. Poor thing.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
DID, I'm sorry about his allergies. Poor little guy
Have you tried "rinsing" your carpeting? I was amazed at how much chemical was left in my carpeting after cleaning. I took the shampooer (rug doctor rental) and just ran water over it and suds came pouring out. On the upside, if you do this, you'll be surprised how much dirt comes out too (so it's kinda like shampooing all over again
)

Good luck. I hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi equinox mamas & babes!

I've been lurking on and off since we were on the prego boards (I think I posted once or twice back then) and just wanted to say hi!

My ds Deven was born ON the equinox (9/21) and is a real sweetie. He's crawling, has 4 teeth, loves to nurse and play and cuddle, and has just started to clap and wave bye-bye. And...we reached a milestone...

he slept through the night a few nights ago!!! (7 to 6 or so)

I was in shock. I admit that I went in to check on him frequently to see if he was breathing. I still haven't recovered (witness the fact that I'm still awake). I'm trying to readjust my sleep schedule but I'm still working on it.

I've been following your babies' progress since day one and I must say we have some cute babies! Also want to send hugs out to all the mamas having a hard time in one way or another. Thanks for all the discussions--I've learned a lot and enjoyed hearing about your babies.

Priya :)

·
Banned
3,029 Posts
hi priya!

DID, how frustrating! he's lucky to have a mama like you, though.

tonight dd fell asleep in my lap around eight and slept until ten. i had dh take her upstairs to put her nighttime diaper on and she fell asleep on the changing table. he carried her into our room and laid her down and she went right back to sleep
i can't believe it! i just went in to nurse her and now she's out again. today must've really worn her out; we were on the go all day.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hello! My DD just started crawling everywhere! Let the chasing begin. She still has just two bottom teeth but she can now put food, well basically anything, in her mouth. She mostly nurses and has decided that she wants our food not her sweet potatoes etc. She got mad the other night when we would give her our spicy Chinese. What a silly girl! We act like we give her our food and give her avocado ect. and thank goodness it usually works. I can't believe she will be 9 months in a few days! Where did my baby go? She is also waving Hi! She also has quite the tan but I don't know if that is good? Anyone know??? We are outside so much and she is always covered in sunscreen with a hat etc. We try to keep her under umbrellas or covered up but boy is the girl tan. I hope it isn't bad. Lake Tahoe is just to pretty this time of year to not be out!!

I enjoy hearing about all of your babies. They are sure growing so quick! Makes want another!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Tracey...oaky, forst of all your kids are beautiful, and second of all they are IDENTICAL to each other!!?!!!?!?!?!?

Do the rest of you with two kids have the same situation? My girls look like sisters but they are distinctly different looking, and Sage doesn't look exactly like Ruby did at her age.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Thank you all!!

Funny though, i don't see them looking alike at all! EVERYONE says that, but me, my mom, and my dh don't see it... I think AJ looks just like me and Chloe looks just like DH.

Here's a pic of us...http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tfc...&.dnm=eeff.jpg

But people stop us on the street and tell us that the baby looks just like her big brother!! hee hee!! I should check out some old pics of AJ when he was her age, and post them next to a pic of Chloe... stand by...!!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
DID, have you thought about trying to put a new, low pile throw rug on the floor? Ug,
at this age you'd have to put rugs *everywhere* though, wouldn't you? Abi is finally crawling and has been exploring the house. We have wood floors, tho... I'm thinking of serving dust-bunnies to her for breakfast tomorrow since she seems to like them so much

I hope the allergies get better... I like the rinsing idea. Wishing you the very best... it must be really frustrating.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CTMOMOF2
Thank you all!!

Funny though, i don't see them looking alike at all! EVERYONE says that, but me, my mom, and my dh don't see it... I think AJ looks just like me and Chloe looks just like DH.

Here's a pic of us...http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tfc...&.dnm=eeff.jpg

But people stop us on the street and tell us that the baby looks just like her big brother!! hee hee!! I should check out some old pics of AJ when he was her age, and post them next to a pic of Chloe... stand by...!!
Great picture, Tracy! I can see the kids in both of you. You two kind of resemble one another...lol Your son totally looks like you.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Hi all - we've been away in Hawaii for my brother's wedding (very fun - got to meet a few MDC mamas for a brief play group before we were rained out...), and I've not been checking in too much.

Tracey - what great pictures - of your kids and you and your dh! It's always fun to put faces with names. I do think your two kids look very much alike.

DS is huge - so much bigger than the girls were. Still not crawling or anything (my kids are always on the late side with moving for some reason), but he's finally starting to tolerate more solids (although will still occasionally throw things up for no reason - not sure what is up with that), and he's saying 'Mama' and 'Dada', so that's always nice.

DID - so, so sorry to hear about all of your ds's allergies. They are just horrible things, aren't they?
Wish I could do more than just offer hugs and sympathy.

Can you all believe our babies are 9-10 months old now? THe time has flown...

Anyone else debating another pregnancy any time soon....?! We aren't sure whether we want to stick with our three or have a fourth. But if we do have a fourth, I want to have one sooner, rather than later, so it really is coming up to decision time for us...hmmm...

Any advice/thoughts/etc gratefully received!

1 - 20 of 139 Posts