Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Thank you all!!

Funny though, i don't see them looking alike at all! EVERYONE says that, but me, my mom, and my dh don't see it... I think AJ looks just like me and Chloe looks just like DH.

Here's a pic of us...http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tfc...&.dnm=eeff.jpg

But people stop us on the street and tell us that the baby looks just like her big brother!! hee hee!! I should check out some old pics of AJ when he was her age, and post them next to a pic of Chloe... stand by...!!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobluegirl
I have not been able to lose any weight....grrr...I don't get it...I gained less weight this time around, ate better, had a baby that was 2lbs heavier then the first two and still have more fat this time around....grrr....can't I just cut it off....lol
Me too!!!! Still have 15-20 to loose... got lots of hip and thigh fat... i know when i am done nursing it will go away like last time, but in the meantime, it is so not attractive in a bathing suit!!!

Happy Independence to all our Americans... Happy Canada day (belated) to all you Canadians! Busy weekend here... looking forward to get back to the hum-drum of the normal week!!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShellyK
Those hip hammocks do look tempting, but they achieve pretty much the same carry as the OTSBH, and $48 sounds like a chunk of change to me at the moment. I was supposed to teach a bunch of knitting classes over the summer, and they didn't get enough people so they were cancelled. That leaves me with a little less mad money than I would have had. Maybe in the fall, when I have more money if I"m still tempted.
Maybe you could just knit one!!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Quote:

Anyone seen CTMOMO2??? Tracey where are you??
Haven't heard from mamarsupial either.....
HERE I AM!! I haven't been getting the emails!!??!!??!!?? What's up with that, i figured that no one was writing, then i looked i missed two whole pages!!!

Everyone seems to be talking about their birth experiences or about our babies when they were infants... I MISS that brand-new infant myself!! I CANNOT believe how fast they've grown!! I mean, AJ's first 9 months didn't go by this fast! I guess that means i'm getting old!! The older you are, the faster the years go by... can you imagine what a year seems like to an 80 year old person! It must seem like a week compared to someone in their teens!! haha It does give me the itch though!!

Chloe pulled herself to a stand for the first time today. She is still nursing through the night several times, and i've been trying to see if i can just snuggle closer with her and lull her back w/out nursing, and it seems to work most of the time, but this morning, it was sooo funny, i was 97% asleep and i could feel *something* tugging on my teeshirt, and finally i hear dh say, "here Chloe, mama's sleeping" as he was pulling my shirt up so she could latch on! haha Then, she's popping on and off and in the middle, flicking my nipple!!! haha

Gotta run, I'll try to keep up better! (I haven't heard/seen mamarsupial on lately either!! -- where are you??)

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Quote:

CTMOMO2....Are you still doing no tv? How is it going..I took your suggestion and we have been tv free for over week except yesterday after noon, because T was sick....I don't notice a big difference yet but things are haywire..I need to pay more attention....
Well, we aren't doing NO TV, but we are definately limited. Since AJ started pooping on the potty, we started rewarding him w/1/2 hr of tv, and it worked great, but now that its been over a month, he's pooping 2-4 times per day on the potty, and it was getting out of hand, so i try to only give him one show right before bed, or during "trying to get dinner together hour"... i still see a VAST change for the worst when he's been watching, so we go a couple of days of no tv for him when his behavior is getting out of hand.

It is much better in the day around here w/it off, but i still watch myself and dh does at night after they go to bed... i'm addicted!!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
MamaP, in yahoo photos, you need to select the ablum, then go into "Edit Album" and then there are preferences you can choose for PUBLIC. If you need me to, i can go check it out and walk you through it exactly... let me know.

Maybe i should start a new thread about this, but i was wondering what you ladies thought about this... I *think* i'm jealous of your CDing... i Never have CDed, and since i've been a member here, i like what i hear, although i don't have a clue how to clean diapers, or what you do with them, etc... i saw how cute they are in pics from one link that someone posted, and since chloe's poops are sooo hard balls, i figured it wouldn't be as gross as i imagined. I don't know how to get started, or if it is just too late for Chloe since she's almost 10 months. Is it a costly thing to get involved with? I'd love some advice, but if you all think i should start a new thread so as to not hijack this one, let me know too.

· Registered
1,291 Posts
great pics mamap!! Love the greatful dead one! Your hair is soooo long! How do you keep up with it?? Well, you are like a super-mama...!!!

Thanks plum! I feel like this whole cloth diapering thing is a whole new language! I printed off the diapering lingo!! haha I feel like i'm traveling to a different country! I just told dh that "we" may switch Chloe to cloth and told him some of the advantages, and he responded by saying "People don't use cloth diapers anymore??" And "What's wrong w/the pampers?" I didn't really have any response for the pampers question, i have always liked them fine, but i like the natural aspect of cloth and think it would save money and trips to the store for diapers... Hey, but what about when you are out, what do you do, drag a plastic bag to take the dirty diapers home w/?

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Hi Shane!!! Welcome back to MDC!! I know the concrete pond!! Treadwell!!! That thing is sooo dangerous!! I'm afraid to walk into the water! I've been thinking of you a bit lately when i'm in Newtown. Glad to hear all is well! -- Hey, did you see the new store on the newtown/monroe border, it is a natural baby store of sorts, i am dying to go in there, just haven't yet.

I am still a bit confused about the diaper issue... I don't know what all the parts and pieces are that you are all talking about... tell me if this sounds right... There is something that looks like a maxi pad, then there is the diaper (like what we use a burp rags), then there is some sort of plastic or otherwise outer thing to keep from seeping?? Is this right, or am i way off?? I know the old fashioned way was just the cloth diaper w/pins, and then plastic pants that went over... or is it still this way too??? (I feel like an idiot!!!)

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Oh Shelly -- Poor Julie!! I have been wondering what others do about a crawling baby in bed!! I can't tell you how many times my momma instinct jumped in and woke me up just as Chloe was about to take a nose-dive to the floor!! Luckily, i've caught her everytime so far, but i'm sure it will happen one of these days!!

Thanks MamaP -- i feel badly having people sending me stuff... i don't want you to go to the trouble!! But my address is 59 Glen Avenue, Stamford, CT 06906. But really, if it is too much bother, don't even worry. We have a new store up by my mom's house that i'm going to check out, i bet that they have them, i'm going to check it out tomorrow.

Speaking of NAK... How can you people still do it?? If i try to nurse chloe anywhere, she's sooo nosey, she won't nurse... she squirms all over, and will start trying to type!! The only successful, more than 2-minute nursing i can get her to do is in bed!! I've found i'm only nursing her like 3 times a day anymore!

Thank you ALL sooo much everyone for all the helpful information!! I'm soo excited! I wish i had started out in Cloth with Chloe!! What are those cute covers that snap in all the different colors/patterns? i lost that link. They LOOK like some sort of cloth, are they?? What's the deal with the all-in-ones? Do you just wash the entire diaper/cover together then? or do they come apart?

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Oh yeah, and Chloe wears like 18month clothes and some 24 month clothes... shes like 19.5 lbs and i don't know how tall, but i think it was in the 75th percentile for height. Does that mean she should have the biggest size cloth??

· Registered
1,291 Posts
That's right! Dickenson is the pond... Treadwell is the reg pool... I don't really LOVE either since there are always about 1000 kids there and there's no room to swim around w/the baby w/out getting splashed in the face... I just got one of those easy set pools, it is great, it is about 2 1/2 feet deep, perfect for AJ, and when the adults get in it is like sitting in a hottub. I put Chloe in one of those floaty boats and she floats all over!! Its great!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS JEN!!!! WOO HOO!!! I am getting the itch... definately want more... who knows, fate will take me there!! Good luck!!

Thanks Amanda... i don't know about second=hand diapers... i think i'll probably want to start off w/new ones... usually i don't care about stuff like that, but i don't know, something that touches the genitals, i think should be new. I appreciate the thought though, we certainly don't have any extra money, but if i explain how much we're saving from the sposies, i'm sure dh will go for it!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.