Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,703 Posts
Hi all - we've been away in Hawaii for my brother's wedding (very fun - got to meet a few MDC mamas for a brief play group before we were rained out...), and I've not been checking in too much.

Tracey - what great pictures - of your kids and you and your dh! It's always fun to put faces with names. I do think your two kids look very much alike.

DS is huge - so much bigger than the girls were. Still not crawling or anything (my kids are always on the late side with moving for some reason), but he's finally starting to tolerate more solids (although will still occasionally throw things up for no reason - not sure what is up with that), and he's saying 'Mama' and 'Dada', so that's always nice.

DID - so, so sorry to hear about all of your ds's allergies. They are just horrible things, aren't they?
Wish I could do more than just offer hugs and sympathy.

Can you all believe our babies are 9-10 months old now? THe time has flown...

Anyone else debating another pregnancy any time soon....?! We aren't sure whether we want to stick with our three or have a fourth. But if we do have a fourth, I want to have one sooner, rather than later, so it really is coming up to decision time for us...hmmm...

Any advice/thoughts/etc gratefully received!

· Registered
4,703 Posts
I have had one period - about 5-6 weeks ago, actually, so I'm obviously not 'regular' again yet! But that is what made me start thinking about it. I honestly hadn't expected to get AF until after ds was a year old (I'm nursing both of my older children as well, so you'd think with all of that boob time, AF wouldn't have managed to break through so early...
).

Still not totally sure about 4, though - I found 3 a big adjustment, and I'm sure 4 would be even more so...especially as close as we would be having them (if we decide to go for it, that is!).

· Registered
4,703 Posts
Gosh - those of you who got your first post-partum AF so soon, I feel for you! I felt a bit put out when mine arrived when ds was 8 months old - reading some of the stories here, that seems like a long time!

I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight as well, which is nice. Still not back to pre-first pregnancy weight, but I'm not sure I'll ever be there again. :LOL And it wasn't too much below where I am now (and I fit into all of my clothes), so that's OK...

Decisions, decisions about babies! I would really like another one, and I know dh would agree, but I really feel like this is a decision we should make together (not one I should make and he should just go a long with), you know? It's hard, though - leaving it up to him, which I think I've decided to do. Since I know that could well mean this is it for us.

Of course, if we aren't having any more, we have to decide what to do about bc, as I am not happy about going back on the pill...and I'm afraid to trust NFP, and everything else just seems too messy!

What to do...? Seems so much easier just to have another baby, don't you think?! :LOL

· Registered
4,703 Posts
Karen - I'm so sorry. I didn't know that Emma would be your only.

I like Penelope's ideas...I hope at least one of those would work for you.

I do think that we can be hormonal for quite awhile after giving birth, but if you are coming to terms with only having one child, and you had wanted more, I think you need to give yourself permission to grieve. Hormones or not, it would be hard.

Take care of yourself, Mama.

· Registered
4,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icequeen_in_ak
Please somebody tell me that someday everything will balance back out and I'll return to my normal "icequeen" self, because I'd like to wear mascara again sometime in my lifetime.

You will be OK, I promise. I don't know when it gets easier, but I'm sure it will. You obviously have a great sense of humour, to be able to post that through your tears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.