Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,298 Posts
DID, have you thought about trying to put a new, low pile throw rug on the floor? Ug,
at this age you'd have to put rugs *everywhere* though, wouldn't you? Abi is finally crawling and has been exploring the house. We have wood floors, tho... I'm thinking of serving dust-bunnies to her for breakfast tomorrow since she seems to like them so much

I hope the allergies get better... I like the rinsing idea. Wishing you the very best... it must be really frustrating.

· Registered
3,298 Posts
Hi Everyone! Haven't posted in awhile, but I've been keeping up... sounds like everyone's been trying to keep up with the crawlers and scooters! Can't believe some are already walking!!! Abigail is finally crawling. I can't believe I was so eager for her to crawl, now I wish she'd slow down!

C-section stuff: Sounds like people are considering more babies... if anyone ends up in a cs situation, request to bf on the operating table!!!!!!!!! It is possible! Which I think is wonderful. I got to nurse abigail while I was being stitched up, til I started getting sick from the anesthesia. Of course, it would be much better to have a vag delivery, but some of us don't have that option.

Kisses to all the beautiful babies I've been seeing and hearing about! You all seem to be such great mamas. You're my heros!

· Registered
3,298 Posts
TV made Abigail nuts when she was little, except for baby einstein stuff. A dear friend of mine told me to turn it off! and see if she was more mellow, and it worked! Okay, it sounds like I watched it all the time... but really it was only a little
:

I never saw the hip hammock til I read your posts. Abi really didn't like the sling thing, I can't remember how many I tried! She is hangin' off my hip all the time now (and is getting pretty heavy) so maybe the hammock'll work???

Do those of you who've tried it have opinions on this and/or other slings? I ordered a hemp hammock today! But now, I think that maybe I could have made one

I make diaper bags and cheesy matching baby clothes and stuff. (I just sold my first wholesale bags to a local boutique!!! and made practically nothing!!! I'll never make a good entrepreneur...) I think that I'll be selling some through a wahm-made cloth diaper website, too. I promise I'm not advertising, just being an annoying braggart...

But probably this little venture is on the way out, since I teach biology at a local college and I'll be consumed with that soon. Luckily the dept head made my 3-day-a-week class squish into 1 day!!! oops - sorry to go so far OT.

· Registered
3,298 Posts
hi tracey (and other cd mamas)

a few posts back you were asking about what to carry dipes home in -- I just got the *cutest* wetbag ever from a wahm at www.happytushies.com -- she makes them out of neat-o retro and pretty fabrics with a PUL inner to keep the ickies from leaking out.

I have some wahm made dipes, but I've found myself using Fuzzi Bunz lately - I'm so lazy, and they are so easy! I'm not too fond of AIOs b/c they take soooo long to dry. The FBs with microfiber inserts work great for my super-soaker and they clean up 'real nice' - never a stain... and mother of eden (maker of FBs) often has ebay auctions where you can get them for about half of the normal price ($15!) which is the only way I can really afford them. I have definitely saved money since starting to cd Abi about 4 months ago...even with my expensive cd habit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.