Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,154 Posts
Icequeen_in_ak
How frustrating about your trailer floor. I would be so choked.....

It is Canada Day and my 9th anniversary today!! (well, we were common-law for 3 and "legal" for 6 so we count it as 9
) We ordered pizza and I turned my back for a second and he snatched my 3yo ds' peice and ate it!! This boy will eat anything and tolerates everything!! He has such a huge appetite
It is a nice change from my super picky allergic Akira who still relies on nursing for 1/3 of his nutrition.

· Registered
3,154 Posts
We celebrated Canada Day on Thursday, which was also our 9th anniversary
It was not terribly exciting, dh worked till 2 and by the time we got to the festivities the kids stuff was over. We came home and ordered pizza (Deshi helped himself to Akira's since he didn't want it and Deshi ate the WHOLE peice). The kids fell asleep before the fireworks so dh and I climbed up to the roof (we live fairly close to the lake where they set them off) but we discovered a great big tree blocked the view so we climbed down again :LOL

Family size: We now think we would like a big family. We are enjoying these boys so much that we want a housefull!! I had a "premonition" that I will get pregnant in October. It happened with Deshi too so I wonder if it will come true

I am still waiting for my ultrasound results to see whats up with this cyst. Hopefully I will find out tomorrow.

Happy 4th to you Americans

· Registered
3,154 Posts
Sounds like everyone had a pretty good holiday (whichever you celebrated
)!

Mamapenelope, Magnus sounds so great. I love the way you talk about your children, you are such a great Mama

Eman'smom, Congrats on the cable modem, high speed is soooo much better.

I have a hard time keeping up my weight while breastfeeding. Especially this time around because I am tandem nursing. My iron is low too so I am trying to increase the iron-rich foods. It is a challenge, I don't want to get too low because then my health suffers. It is a real problem. I asked about it at LLL once and lots of the moms sneered at me and gave me attitude (like "oh poor you, your too SKINNY") but it is a concern. Ah well, can't win either way I guess.

Plum, I hear ya on the baby chasing!! It is great exercise :LOL Deshi can now regularly take between 3-6 steps at a time. It is CRAZY. He still prefers crawling though because he is so much faster, although he cruises when walls, furniture, or other suitable support is near-by.

At least his mind is on mobility and not on eating dirt and rocks 24/7

· Registered
3,154 Posts
Quote:
Decisions, decisions about babies! I would really like another one, and I know dh would agree, but I really feel like this is a decision we should make together (not one I should make and he should just go a long with), you know? It's hard, though - leaving it up to him, which I think I've decided to do. Since I know that could well mean this is it for us.
Dh IS leaving it up to me and wants to just go along with whatever I decide. I hate having that kind of responsibility!! I would prefer a yes or no answer. I worry that if things get too difficult finacially it will be all my "fault" or that if I need extra help and support I can't freely ask if I choose to have another soon.

OTOH I know dh well enough to know that if he didn't want another yet he would be insisting on 2 forms of BC :LOL He was so paranoid about me getting pregnant before we had ds that he always made sure we used condoms and I was on the pill. He respected my decision to go off the pill (I was always worried about the chemicals and hormones and hated what it did to my body) but he was worried all the time. It was such a relief for him when we actually started "trying" for ds1. He could never handle trusting NFP, I think he would be too stressed out.

I kind of think we will just have babies as nature spaces them until we are done and then worry about it. I will probably be nursing 3 or 4 kiddos by then so it won't be an issue :LOL

· Registered
3,154 Posts
Those babies are SOOOOO cute!!! Plum, I just love those newborn pics of Scout!

I felt my UC birth was SO healing. My first birth was not a good experience, I never realized how many unresolved feelings I had about it until I got pregnant the second time. Having a UP/UC forced me to deal with those things. I really feel for the women who are going through that now

I got my ultrasound results back, the cyst is gone!! I was doing all sorts of "go away cyst" visualizations and felt a weird "popping" sensation. After that the pain was mostly gone (this was right before the U/S) and I wondered if it was gone. I guess it was

· Registered
3,154 Posts
Quote:
I know I had something else to say, but he's fussing on the floor at my feet, so it's time for our morning dance to "Uncle John's Band" by the Grateful Dead.
OMG Deshi is such a Deadhead
Whenever we play the Dead he gets SOOO excited :LOL Akira prefers Shady Grove

Deshi has been taking a 4:00 nap so he is up late every night. Dh is watching a comedian on TV and Deshi is talking to him (the comedian) :LOL He has "conversations" now, he babbles for a bit then pauses for a response. It is so fun. He is also getting quite demanding, when he wants something he points with his index finger and squeals "UH UH UH UH" until he gets it.

I have these moments where he just looks so OLD!! Does anyone else just feel shocked at how big our babes are getting. They just seem like they should still be tiny little babies, not just-about-toddlers!

· Registered
3,154 Posts
Icequeen,

Teething CAN cause those things, often they end up swallowing lots of drool and it makes the poop kind of runny. Ds generally gets a bum rash too. Generally an allergic rash will look like a target around the anus. It will be a ring of red, a ring of white, and a ring of red. Of course there are no hard and fast rules so just keep an eye on her and use that Mama intuition

· Registered
3,154 Posts
I love your pics MamaP
Your lil' ones are so cute!!

About cloth....

I started with prefolds and Bummis SIWW with A, but we ended up doing EC with him and only used them part time. D has outgrown most of my original stash. I had my mom sew me up some bigger prefolds out of old tshirts. I paid $15 for 3 BIG bags of tees at a bag sale, plus I paid my mom off in baked goods for the sewing and now I have enough dipes to make it through to potty training. For wraps I mostly use bumsweaters (made out of old wool sweaters) or crochet soakers. I recently taught myself to knit so that I could knit some soakers too. My whole stash of homemade stuff probably cost $50 plus time included to make it all, but I am loving it. I just take a plastic shopping bag to bring home dirty dipes. It doesn't seem like much work at all, but I have nothing to compare it too. I love using cloth

You can often find diapers at thrift shops or consignment stores. Just pick up a few and see if you like them, if you don't you can just go back to disposables!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.