Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
3,435 Posts
hi priya!

DID, how frustrating! he's lucky to have a mama like you, though.

tonight dd fell asleep in my lap around eight and slept until ten. i had dh take her upstairs to put her nighttime diaper on and she fell asleep on the changing table. he carried her into our room and laid her down and she went right back to sleep
i can't believe it! i just went in to nurse her and now she's out again. today must've really worn her out; we were on the go all day.

· Banned
3,435 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamapenelope
BUT, we've had "the talk" several times and haven't taken any preventetive measures...so I guess by default we must be welcoming whatever fate has waiting for us.
what a good way of putting it. this is our situation right now. i do really want another baby right now but we've agreed this isn't the right time... yet we're totally in babymaking mode right now
so who knows. what is meant to happen will.

on a good note, i am down to pre-preg weight (and maybe a little under)! i feel really good and i love how i look. i haven't been working out so this is probably all just coming from babychasing :LOL. we went out of town for the weekend and my family and his had a good time with the babe. she came down with a cold, though, so she was pretty snuffly.

· Banned
3,435 Posts
shelly, how cute! i love that bottom one! does she like swimming? i've been wanting to take scout swimming for some time now.

the kiddo's nose is all goopy and she keeps rubbing her face on me and getting boogers on my shirt
: . she's been pleasant enough, though, and has been letting me use the nosesucker on her. she fell of the front step today and now she has a little bruise and scrape on her cheek. poor girl!

i'm so sorry, icequeen. people need to mind their own business. and your uterus should not be called 'incompetant!'
. it carried your baby girl. ITA with mamapenelope on that one.

· Banned
3,435 Posts
those are lovely pictures, shelly.
my birth wasn't the greatest (horrible, actually) and i still haven't reallly talked about it

i love those newborn pics and the ones with the grandparents. in those newborn pics, especially #52, she looks so much like scout! i have a picture just like that one.

i get sentimental. she is going to be a year old in less than three months! i can't believe how much she's changed.

she grew up too fast!
she's been standing; today i let go of her hand and she stood there.

· Banned
3,435 Posts
ana, eva has beautiful hair! such a pretty color.

icequeen, emma looks like a little doll!

i know i should talk about it, but when i do i just get angry all over again. i think that's why i want another baby so soon, to 'fix' it. i could do everything right this time

· Banned
3,435 Posts
FRM, i'm glad you're feeling better!

thanks for the good thoughts, ladies. i've just been dwelling on it a lot lately but don't know how to talk about it

on a baby note, she's been 'walking.' we have this little wooden chair in our living room and today she was holding onto it and pushing and walking. it was very cute. she pushed it all around the living room. she sometimes does it with dh's music stand. she's so funny!

· Banned
3,435 Posts
tracey, i wrote you a nice post about CDing then scout shut my computer off
: .

anyway, it's easy! we've been CDing scout since birth and we started with a few fitteds, some prefolds and a few proraps. we only do laundry every three days or so, and all it is dumping them in the wash, one cold cycle with a fourth cup of detergent, one hot cycle with a few drops of tea tree oil, then into the dryer. it takes maybe ten minutes of work, and maybe even less if i don't fold them.

i don't think chloe's too old. it might even be easier since she probably doesn't pee or poo as much as a little baby.

now we use mostly fitteds and all wool. i've even learned to knit soakers for her. check it out and i think you'd like it. especially since there are so many cute diapers out there.

· Banned
3,435 Posts
tracey, check out this page:

http://kfegelman.home.comcast.net/

i found it to be incredibly helpful. it's engineer_mama from MDC here (also known as karen from kool sheep soakers).

oh, shelly, poor baby!
don't feel bad; scout fell off the front steps and has a scrape on her cheek then two days ago she pulled a bunch of stuff off the desk and has a cut under her eye. i feel like a bad mama.

mamap, your whole family is so cute!

· Banned
3,435 Posts
tracey, chloe sounds about scout's size, and scout fits comfortably in most mediums.

today at church, scout saw a little baby (maybe a newborn?). she was very interested; it was so cute! she was climbing around in the pew and she kept standing up and staring and waving at the baby.

congrats jen! how exciting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.