Mothering Forum banner
21 - 40 of 139 Posts

· Registered
875 Posts
Great pictures! Your children look a lot alike!

We are thinking about having another. We were going to wait until next year this time but we hate the bc options. I know we are lazy! I want four though so I don't want to wait too long even though we are still young (25 and 27). Have you started your period yet? I am curious if I am even ovulating? I still haven't started my period. Good luck! I think four is a fabulous number!

· Registered
4,703 Posts
I have had one period - about 5-6 weeks ago, actually, so I'm obviously not 'regular' again yet! But that is what made me start thinking about it. I honestly hadn't expected to get AF until after ds was a year old (I'm nursing both of my older children as well, so you'd think with all of that boob time, AF wouldn't have managed to break through so early...
).

Still not totally sure about 4, though - I found 3 a big adjustment, and I'm sure 4 would be even more so...especially as close as we would be having them (if we decide to go for it, that is!).

· Registered
3,217 Posts
grrrrrr...... I started my first af exactly 2 weeks after my pp bleeding stopped. And she's been back every 29 days every since!! Obviously, bf'ing hasn't done a thing for mine.

Guess it's murphy's law... I can't have anymore babies, so my cycle is clockwork since giving birth. If I could have more, I probably wouldn't have a cycle. Mother nature can play cruel tricks sometimes huh?

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
With ds I got Af back @9 months...those darn scheduled feedings..didn't know any better...with dd#1 I got them back at 14months...with a few spottings with both i think...I haven't gotten it back at all with dd#2...she still nurses like every 2 hrs though.

· Registered
2,748 Posts
I got mine about 2 weeks after the pp bleeding too.
: I thought I'd get at least a 6 month reprieve, but no. My girls nurse a LOT too. I think I'm just ultra fertile (which I'm thankful for--I know lots of twin mommies who had years and years of heartache trying to get pregnant, but I just have to be really careful). I'm afraid if I got pregnant again, I'd have triplets.

· Registered
347 Posts
We want at least one more, and depending on whether it's another boy, we'd probably have a third, or if it's a girl, probably stop there. The biggest issue we debate with the number of children we should have is how many can you afford to have on a single income? How do you know when you've reached your financial limit? I'd love to just keep having kids every three years which if all went as planned, we would end up having at least 6 or more kids if I stopped in my early 40s. Just gonna take it one kid at a time, and see what happens... Right now, we have a timeline drawn up, and we're going to start TTC in May of 2006.

My TOM started when Micah was 3 months old, and has been rather irregular ever since. Some months it's light, other's it's heavy, sometimes late, sometimes early... Makes for a REALLY brutal few weeks before hand, cause I'm SUCH a bear when I'm PMSing...
:

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
How is everyone's 4th going? I think this is the loneliest day, just about, I have had since dh has been gone....waaaa....We usually spend the 4th with family and even my mom and sis are busy today...On a good note I got all three kids to take a nap at once for a little while this afternoon...but then didn't know what to do with myself...our block is having a 4th party @6 tonight so I am getting ready for that but really wish I was spending time with family instead. oops..someone is up.....

· Registered
3,217 Posts
My 4th has been okay.. pretty lonely as well. Our smoke finally lifted and it's GORGEOUS outside!!! And.. you can breathe again!!! BUT.... I think I tore or really sprained a tendon in my foot and it's been killing me the last few days, so I wasn't up to walking around at the events going on in town. Hubby is working graves, so he's sleeping.... so it would have just been Emma and I anyway... and not feeling like walking... we just stayed home. DH & I are going to have a quick little "picnic" dinner... and then he's taking off at 7pm to play a poker game with a bunch of the officers from work... then going straight to work from there... so we'll get to see him a whole hour today

· Registered
3,154 Posts
We celebrated Canada Day on Thursday, which was also our 9th anniversary
It was not terribly exciting, dh worked till 2 and by the time we got to the festivities the kids stuff was over. We came home and ordered pizza (Deshi helped himself to Akira's since he didn't want it and Deshi ate the WHOLE peice). The kids fell asleep before the fireworks so dh and I climbed up to the roof (we live fairly close to the lake where they set them off) but we discovered a great big tree blocked the view so we climbed down again :LOL

Family size: We now think we would like a big family. We are enjoying these boys so much that we want a housefull!! I had a "premonition" that I will get pregnant in October. It happened with Deshi too so I wonder if it will come true

I am still waiting for my ultrasound results to see whats up with this cyst. Hopefully I will find out tomorrow.

Happy 4th to you Americans

· Registered
6,165 Posts
Hey I'm back on, we got cable modem so I can actually read and not get logged off.

Our 4th was nice went to a friends ate too much it was nice.

I'd love to have one more child but right now I'm pulling my hair out with just the two, but with the move and everything I think we just need some time. We are thinking by next summer we'll be ready ds and dd are 2.5 years apart and that seems to be good. I have a Merina IUD so I get about a day of spotting a month. Not a real AF. BFing has never worked to suppress O for me.

Dd is really into food lately she does great feeding herself. She is just so much fun when she'll let me put her down.

· Registered
1,332 Posts
Had yummy food yesterday (not enough, but I can't eat my in-laws out of the house either!) but was a bit sad since dh has a cold. At least I was with ds and could show him off to my dh's uncle and his wife. Especially his wife seems to think I'm a weirdo with my AP ways. Oh well..

At night I went on the fourth floor of my in-laws' house and with my dh and ds watched fireworks. Just the three of us. It was nice, and it reminded me of the year before, when I was very pregnant and could feel ds' kicks as the fireworks rumbled.

Happy Fourth of July!

Does anybody else feel ravenous lately? Maybe it's because I'm still exclusively nursing my ten-month-old

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well my evening went better then I thought it would. The kids had fun playing with the neighborhood kids and watching the fire works. Still a weird day....

I have not been able to lose any weight....grrr...I don't get it...I gained less weight this time around, ate better, had a baby that was 2lbs heavier then the first two and still have more fat this time around....grrr....can't I just cut it off....lol

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobluegirl
I have not been able to lose any weight....grrr...I don't get it...I gained less weight this time around, ate better, had a baby that was 2lbs heavier then the first two and still have more fat this time around....grrr....can't I just cut it off....lol
Me too!!!! Still have 15-20 to loose... got lots of hip and thigh fat... i know when i am done nursing it will go away like last time, but in the meantime, it is so not attractive in a bathing suit!!!

Happy Independence to all our Americans... Happy Canada day (belated) to all you Canadians! Busy weekend here... looking forward to get back to the hum-drum of the normal week!!

· Banned
3,435 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamapenelope
BUT, we've had "the talk" several times and haven't taken any preventetive measures...so I guess by default we must be welcoming whatever fate has waiting for us.
what a good way of putting it. this is our situation right now. i do really want another baby right now but we've agreed this isn't the right time... yet we're totally in babymaking mode right now
so who knows. what is meant to happen will.

on a good note, i am down to pre-preg weight (and maybe a little under)! i feel really good and i love how i look. i haven't been working out so this is probably all just coming from babychasing :LOL. we went out of town for the weekend and my family and his had a good time with the babe. she came down with a cold, though, so she was pretty snuffly.

· Registered
3,154 Posts
Sounds like everyone had a pretty good holiday (whichever you celebrated
)!

Mamapenelope, Magnus sounds so great. I love the way you talk about your children, you are such a great Mama

Eman'smom, Congrats on the cable modem, high speed is soooo much better.

I have a hard time keeping up my weight while breastfeeding. Especially this time around because I am tandem nursing. My iron is low too so I am trying to increase the iron-rich foods. It is a challenge, I don't want to get too low because then my health suffers. It is a real problem. I asked about it at LLL once and lots of the moms sneered at me and gave me attitude (like "oh poor you, your too SKINNY") but it is a concern. Ah well, can't win either way I guess.

Plum, I hear ya on the baby chasing!! It is great exercise :LOL Deshi can now regularly take between 3-6 steps at a time. It is CRAZY. He still prefers crawling though because he is so much faster, although he cruises when walls, furniture, or other suitable support is near-by.

At least his mind is on mobility and not on eating dirt and rocks 24/7

· Registered
4,703 Posts
Gosh - those of you who got your first post-partum AF so soon, I feel for you! I felt a bit put out when mine arrived when ds was 8 months old - reading some of the stories here, that seems like a long time!

I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight as well, which is nice. Still not back to pre-first pregnancy weight, but I'm not sure I'll ever be there again. :LOL And it wasn't too much below where I am now (and I fit into all of my clothes), so that's OK...

Decisions, decisions about babies! I would really like another one, and I know dh would agree, but I really feel like this is a decision we should make together (not one I should make and he should just go a long with), you know? It's hard, though - leaving it up to him, which I think I've decided to do. Since I know that could well mean this is it for us.

Of course, if we aren't having any more, we have to decide what to do about bc, as I am not happy about going back on the pill...and I'm afraid to trust NFP, and everything else just seems too messy!

What to do...? Seems so much easier just to have another baby, don't you think?! :LOL

· Registered
3,154 Posts
Quote:
Decisions, decisions about babies! I would really like another one, and I know dh would agree, but I really feel like this is a decision we should make together (not one I should make and he should just go a long with), you know? It's hard, though - leaving it up to him, which I think I've decided to do. Since I know that could well mean this is it for us.
Dh IS leaving it up to me and wants to just go along with whatever I decide. I hate having that kind of responsibility!! I would prefer a yes or no answer. I worry that if things get too difficult finacially it will be all my "fault" or that if I need extra help and support I can't freely ask if I choose to have another soon.

OTOH I know dh well enough to know that if he didn't want another yet he would be insisting on 2 forms of BC :LOL He was so paranoid about me getting pregnant before we had ds that he always made sure we used condoms and I was on the pill. He respected my decision to go off the pill (I was always worried about the chemicals and hormones and hated what it did to my body) but he was worried all the time. It was such a relief for him when we actually started "trying" for ds1. He could never handle trusting NFP, I think he would be too stressed out.

I kind of think we will just have babies as nature spaces them until we are done and then worry about it. I will probably be nursing 3 or 4 kiddos by then so it won't be an issue :LOL

· Registered
3,217 Posts
I'm curious if anyone knows how long it takes for our hormones to totally adjust back to normal. I'm assuming my problem is hormonal, or perhaps I'm just permanently modified with motherhood, but I sure seem to be a heck of a lot more emotional. I've been in a serious funk the last few days, and cry at the drop of a hat
I guess it doesn't help that I've had at least FIVE people in the last few days ask me when we plan to have more kids.... and then I have to explain that as much as I'd love to... it won't happen... then have to go into the whole explanation of me having an "incompetent uterus" and feeling substandard because of it.... yep... here come tears again. I understand that I am truly blessed to have such a healthy, beautiful child.. but I guess the realization that she's all I will have still hurts.

Please somebody tell me that someday everything will balance back out and I'll return to my normal "icequeen" self, because I'd like to wear mascara again sometime in my lifetime.

21 - 40 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.