Mothering Forum banner
41 - 60 of 139 Posts

· Registered
6,165 Posts
Karen you should get a couple of quick witted comments ready, some people can be cruel. I'm drawing blanks but maybe something like "We wanted perfection and got it so we are stopping", or maybe "How's your sex life going... don't ask about mine unless you want to share the details of yours".

Both kids are napping
I've cleaned the kitchen and am now online, great.

· Registered
4,703 Posts
Karen - I'm so sorry. I didn't know that Emma would be your only.

I like Penelope's ideas...I hope at least one of those would work for you.

I do think that we can be hormonal for quite awhile after giving birth, but if you are coming to terms with only having one child, and you had wanted more, I think you need to give yourself permission to grieve. Hormones or not, it would be hard.

Take care of yourself, Mama.

· Registered
4,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icequeen_in_ak
Please somebody tell me that someday everything will balance back out and I'll return to my normal "icequeen" self, because I'd like to wear mascara again sometime in my lifetime.

You will be OK, I promise. I don't know when it gets easier, but I'm sure it will. You obviously have a great sense of humour, to be able to post that through your tears.

· Registered
350 Posts
Wow, you ladies have been busy in the last few days! We went to St. Louis over the holiday weekend and I come back to a new thread 3 pages long! I don't even know where to start responding to everyone - just know that I read all that's going on and I'm sending out loving vibes to everyone.

Tracey, Chloe looks a lot like my Julie. I think we've said that before, but that last picture of her looks like they should be cousins or something.

Okay, before I get reeled back into trying to get Julie down - Joe's got her now - oops - actually he's got her down...yay! She had two one-hour naps today and another two-hour nap, so I was afraid she wouldn't go to sleep tonight.

I still haven't seen AF since I had Julie, and I'm knocking on wood she doesn't come around any time soon. I never did like that b**ch! As for more kids, I think I want another one, but I'm not ready yet, and DH isn't either...although my hormones scream "make babies" pretty often!

Now, I'm going to go do some knitting before the next feeding call....but first, I posted some more pics and here are my favorites:

http://www.shellykang.com/julie/Marc...mages/0015.jpg

http://www.shellykang.com/julie/2004...04Crawling.jpg

http://www.shellykang.com/julie/2004...3Swimming6.jpg

More can be seen at www.shellykang.com/julie/index.htm

· Banned
3,435 Posts
shelly, how cute! i love that bottom one! does she like swimming? i've been wanting to take scout swimming for some time now.

the kiddo's nose is all goopy and she keeps rubbing her face on me and getting boogers on my shirt
: . she's been pleasant enough, though, and has been letting me use the nosesucker on her. she fell of the front step today and now she has a little bruise and scrape on her cheek. poor girl!

i'm so sorry, icequeen. people need to mind their own business. and your uterus should not be called 'incompetant!'
. it carried your baby girl. ITA with mamapenelope on that one.

· Registered
983 Posts
hi ladies!

shelly - how did you get those pictures in your message, just cut and paste? you have a beautiful family!

we're doing well...i hear you all on the baby thing. still no ppaf for me either. but before i got pregnant i only had 1-2 periods a yr after a long history of too much running and too little eating. i'm hoping this pregnancy will sort of "fix" my past irregularities and that i'll start fresh. but who knows. we've had the baby talk many times. my dh is rather irrational. he wants the babies to be close, like 20-24 months apart but feels it is too soon to start trying now. i also know it is too soon but i really have all those baby urges now! plus three of my friends just had babies and i am in love with their birth stories, newborns, cute little clothes, etc! we're planning to stop using condoms this winter...maybe sooner if ppaf hasn't returned because i figure if i'm not cycling and we're not having much sex (bfing really decreases my sd), it'll take awhile to get pregnant!

sophia is growing too fast..cruising everywhere and blabbing nonstop. nighttime is a nightmare both with trying to get her to sleep and with night waking. of course, when dh was visiting last week, she slept through the night every single time! she still isn't very interested in solids, although yesterday she devoured a cheese puff! i'm almost done with school, hard to believe! i only have 3-4 wks of clinical and then sit for my school comps, then my cnm boards in october. now i feel like the challenge will be to find a real midwifey job and not a medical midwife job. especially because i want to work part time. anyway, that's all for today! have a great day everyone.

jess

· Registered
350 Posts
Jess, I posted the pictures on my website, then linked to them using the board's image tags. When you're posting, if you click on the "Go Advanced" button, there is a little yellow button that looks like a picture of mountains and a sun that if you click on it lets you insert an image in your post. You have to have that image hosted somewhere else first, though. I had to edit my post like three times before I figured out that the tags it inserts are not the normal HTML tags, but similar ones that use [] instead of <> kind of brackets.

FYI, many of the free photo-hosting sites do not allow you to link to the images from other websites like this one - because they want you to have to go to their page and view their advertisements in order to see the pictures. One free webhosting site that I've used and liked is www.brinkster.com - although it doesn't make a pretty page for you - it just lets you upload the files. I hope this isn't too confusing for you.

· Registered
347 Posts
A few people commented on their weight recently. I was losing weight at a steady rate, I'm 35 lb below my pre-pregnancy weight now in fact, and then the last three months I've really struggled with being absolutely starving all the time, and have stopped losing. I decided yesterday to stop counting points on WW, but continue walking 2 times a week, as well as pilates once a week. I'm going to eat as I'm hungry, and not eat just to eat the points. I am going to do my best to eat sensibly and make healthy choices. Yesterday I ate a LOT of fresh fruit and veggies everytime I started feeling hungry, and had some lean turkey tacos for lunch and supper. My goal is to stop eating as soon as I feel satisfied and not keep eating just cause I have points left over, like I've been doing. I found that WW has been really difficult for me while nursing, cause I work hard all morning to "save" points for later in the day when I know I'm going to be hungrier, even if I'm hungry in the morning. Then about 3 PM I'm SO hungry that I start grazing before supper, and then end up not having enough points to eat a normal size supper, so end up bingeing. I don't feel like this is forming any healthy eating habits, so I'm nipping it in the bud right now, and gonna work on moderation and sensible choices without depriving myself. So far so good! I also went and bought a couple outfits this morning that actually fit, cause all my clothes are 2 sizes too big, and hanging off me. I couldn't really tell when I was gaining or losing, cause they are SO big, and I figure if I wear clothes that fit correctly, I'll be able to tell when they start getting tight, and ease back on the food and make better leaner choices. That's the plan anyways...=) Once Micah is weaned though, I plan on rejoining WW to get my lifetime membership and reach my goal weight. Right now I'm still a good 65 lbs away from that... but I've already lost 50 lbs in the last 10 months, so really can't complain...

The pictures of Julie are DARLING! I just love all the B&W pics. How sweet! I need to upload some new pics of Micah to my website too... Maybe I'll do that tomorrow... Today I have to tutor all afternoon, and then when Mitch gets home I never have time to do anything... I'd like to go swimming tonight too... Micah LOVES the pool!... so pics will have to wait!

Hope everyone is staying cool and enjoying their summer!

· Registered
9,002 Posts
Hi everyone checking in again!

Karen
s that is so awful hon, some people don't think before they speak. Hang in there sweetie.

Julie's pictures are so cute!!

plum, I hope scout's yucky nose clears up soon!

E is doing good, same old same old.
She is army crawling all over the house but that's it. She still isn't pulling up or really sitting up or anything so of course I'm starting to worry because my other kids were tackling the entire house by now. Geeze you would think by baby #3 I would have gotten all the worrying out of my system!

She cut her top 2 eye teeth recently so now she has 4 teeth

· Registered
1,046 Posts
Hi Mamas!

Wow...Lots going on around here!

We just got back from our trip to San Francisco. We had a great time!
Scarlet did fairly well...I felt bad for her in the car though...she didnt understand why I wasnt lying down and nursing her...we had to pull over ALOT but we still made pretty good time.

While we were gone, Scarlet got tooth #5! We stayed in big hotel suite and there was a giant full length mirror and she kept standing up against it and giving herself kisses!
It was so cute!

I hope everybody is enjoying their summer...I cant believe our babes are going to be a year before we know it!

Well mine just pooped and is yelling at me....so talk to you later!

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by beatgirl
While we were gone, Scarlet got tooth #5! We stayed in big hotel suite and there was a giant full length mirror and she kept standing up against it and giving herself kisses!
It was so cute!

!

don't you love that...Josie was doing that when we traveled last month..it was so cute...kiss kiss

still no teeth here....

· Registered
389 Posts
I love all the pics! I finally put some up under my sig.

Many
's to Karen. I hate it when people assume anything and don't think before they speak! I know it is not the same but people often assume that I had a vaginal birth, making some sort of comment, and I have to respond " I had to have an emergency c/s" and when they see the tears in my eyes they shut up. I can't help it, I guess I'm still grieving (maybe not the right word) dd's birth experience. I too tell myself I have a beautiful, happy, healthy baby and I should probably get over it but I think it's going to be there for a while lurking beneath the surface.

Hormonally, I feel a bit wacko sometimes eventhough AF returned
at 5 mo. and is totally regular now, last cycle was 27 days.

I'd like to start thinking about baby #2 but dh can't handle it right now,
he's trying to start a career right now. Hopefully, next year.

I'm so in love with dd, she's sleeping better and is totally communicating with us. I'll say "Baa Baa Ba Ba" and she look me in the eye and repeat ba
ba's right back at me. Too cute. She's totally against the spoon now so we are trying all kinds of finger foods but she spits most of them out. She's nursing all the time to make up for it I guess.

Anyone thinking about first birthday party stuff?

· Registered
7,799 Posts
Shelly - great pics - soooooooooooo cute !

Quote:
I really get irked at the way doctors use extremely hurtful words to describe our bodies. You'd never say a man had an, "Incompetent Penis" if he was infertile. But women get hysteria, hormonal, incompetent, etc., etc., etc., thrown around about their issues and organs all the time.
by mamap

ITA -

Karen - (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

ugh - Dr's can be so rude.

Colin is EVERYWHERE - pulling hiself up on everything & falling - BOOM
He really belly laughs @ things - its so cute.

He loves teletubbies & Elmo !

Everything in the mouth - dog hair seem to be the "snack du jour" lately.
I vacuum all the time but we still have dog hair tumbleweeds.

We would like to have another since I'm 43 & DH is 41.
Colin was a wonderful surprise since I had Endo very badly when I was younger.
It left me with 1 tube/ovary !!!!!!!!!!
of course our ins co. doesn't cover any of infert. help soooooooooooo,
We were contemplating medical intervention/ surgeries, etc when I got PG with DS.

I know my odds of conceiving if I had all my parts would be tougher.
I kinda don't want DS to be an only since we are older.
My adult DD & I are both onlies which is ok but for some reason I don't want DS to be an only.

· Registered
1,145 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CTMOMOF2
Me too!!!! Still have 15-20 to loose... got lots of hip and thigh fat... i know when i am done nursing it will go away like last time, but in the meantime, it is so not attractive in a bathing suit!!!

Same here! I have been trying to really muster up the motivation to buckle down and do something about it, but that's been hard to do...

ej'smommy - I am still grieving my birth experience too and I was fortunate enough to have a vaginal birth. I don't think I will feel better about it until I have another baby - which is why I'm so eager to have another one so soon. But I know in my heart that having an infant and an 18 month old is just not the ideal arrangement for us. Before dd was born we said we'd space them 4-5 years apart... HA! Now we are going to ttc when dd is 2.

I think we are back into the awful sleep pattern we thought we had beaten. Hannah is cutting a top tooth and she is a horrible teether. Day by day, right?

She started saying mama and dada discriminantly now - and yesterday she even said "NO" a few times! It's crazy... It's going by so fast - she has only been crawling for a month and a half and she is just a couple of weeks away from WALKING - ack!

Hugs to everyone! I enjoyed all the pictures!

· Registered
3,217 Posts
Thanks everyone for the hugs. I don't know why it's bothering me so bad lately... like I said.. I think I'm riding a hormonal rollercoaster right now. Odd thing is... I'm ovulating.... don't recall my hormones going nuts then (it was always around AF)... maybe I have an incompentent ovary as well
: (poking fun at myself this morning..... the cloud must be starting to lift)

Emma STILL doesn't have teeth. That one tooth that has been sitting right under the gum line (but you can see plain as day) still hasn't erupted (it's been visible for well over a month) but the rest of her gum line has become filled with hard bumps and she's been miserable. The poor baby... you can just *tell* she's miserable. I think she'll probably cut 10 of them at once. I actually broke down last night and gave her a dose of tylenol (which I *rarely* do)... of course, that was on the heels of feeling like the worlds worst mother.... I caught the skin of her leg in the snap of her diaper.... and didn't realize why she was screaming for a good 2 or 3 seconds
She has a little bruise this morning
I HATE when I do something stupid and hurt her..... side effect of motherhood I suppose. A friend of mine said "be thankful her long term memory is that of a gnat at this point" which helped with the guilt

ejsmommy - You are not alone with lingering grief from the c/s. People tell me I'm silly.... because they have no clue. It's a hard pill for me to swallow on a multitude of levels... so I completely understand what you are saying.

Well... Emma is up and wanting some FOOD

Hope everyone has a great day!!

ETA: I forgot to tell you guys that Emma started the cutest thing this weekend. She was watching Nascar with Daddy... and by the end of the race, he had her sitting on his lap... waving her hands high in the air saying "go go go" to the cars

· Registered
350 Posts
April, the sling in the pics is my Over the Shoulder Baby Holder. I love that thing - we have used it every single day since Julie was born! It has made a great transition from this:

http://www.shellykang.com/julie/2003...In%20Sling.jpg

to this:

http://www.shellykang.com/julie/2004...ySling0002.jpg

Also, I'm another one grieving my birth experience somewhat. In the end, the experience we had was pretty great, but I really would have liked to have a vaginal birth. I guess that's actually a good reason for waiting on another babe - if I give my body longer to heal, it will do better at letting me push a baby out in a few years. But, yeah, it sucked the day after Julie was born with my husband's aunt came to the hospital and kept saying over and over "you got to have your baby the easy way!" After the third time I looked at her pointedly and said "I wouldn't say that" in the best compromise between firm and polite voice I could find. Then, she finally shut up.

· Registered
3,217 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShellyK
Also, I'm another one grieving my birth experience somewhat. In the end, the experience we had was pretty great, but I really would have liked to have a vaginal birth. I guess that's actually a good reason for waiting on another babe - if I give my body longer to heal, it will do better at letting me push a baby out in a few years. But, yeah, it sucked the day after Julie was born with my husband's aunt came to the hospital and kept saying over and over "you got to have your baby the easy way!" After the third time I looked at her pointedly and said "I wouldn't say that" in the best compromise between firm and polite voice I could find. Then, she finally shut up.
Don't you love that! The best one I got was from my mother. She said that I didn't experience the pain of childbirth!! I had contrax 3 minutes apart for ELEVEN days... and then a c/s (I guess having your abdomen cut in half doesn't equal the pain of pushing???)

41 - 60 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.