Mothering Forum banner
121 - 139 of 139 Posts

· Registered
3,217 Posts
ShellyK,
I'm so sorry about her eye. I'm still riddled with guilt over Emma's cut finger, so I know exactly how you feel.

I think her teething has everything to do with it. Emma has been a much happier baby since she cut the one tooth... and has just started getting fussy again... and I'm seeing another pop through. I feel so bad for these kiddos. Hopefully it will pass for Julie soon as well.

Well, I have some last minute house cleaning to do. My MIL is flying in tonight and is staying for a month

: give me strength
:

· Banned
3,435 Posts
tracey, check out this page:

http://kfegelman.home.comcast.net/

i found it to be incredibly helpful. it's engineer_mama from MDC here (also known as karen from kool sheep soakers).

oh, shelly, poor baby!
don't feel bad; scout fell off the front steps and has a scrape on her cheek then two days ago she pulled a bunch of stuff off the desk and has a cut under her eye. i feel like a bad mama.

mamap, your whole family is so cute!

· Registered
3,217 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobluegirl
well we have fever, whining, druel, and lots of poopy diapers...maybe we r finally getting teeth.......
hope those toofies pop through soon!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Oh Shelly -- Poor Julie!! I have been wondering what others do about a crawling baby in bed!! I can't tell you how many times my momma instinct jumped in and woke me up just as Chloe was about to take a nose-dive to the floor!! Luckily, i've caught her everytime so far, but i'm sure it will happen one of these days!!

Thanks MamaP -- i feel badly having people sending me stuff... i don't want you to go to the trouble!! But my address is 59 Glen Avenue, Stamford, CT 06906. But really, if it is too much bother, don't even worry. We have a new store up by my mom's house that i'm going to check out, i bet that they have them, i'm going to check it out tomorrow.

Speaking of NAK... How can you people still do it?? If i try to nurse chloe anywhere, she's sooo nosey, she won't nurse... she squirms all over, and will start trying to type!! The only successful, more than 2-minute nursing i can get her to do is in bed!! I've found i'm only nursing her like 3 times a day anymore!

Thank you ALL sooo much everyone for all the helpful information!! I'm soo excited! I wish i had started out in Cloth with Chloe!! What are those cute covers that snap in all the different colors/patterns? i lost that link. They LOOK like some sort of cloth, are they?? What's the deal with the all-in-ones? Do you just wash the entire diaper/cover together then? or do they come apart?

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Oh yeah, and Chloe wears like 18month clothes and some 24 month clothes... shes like 19.5 lbs and i don't know how tall, but i think it was in the 75th percentile for height. Does that mean she should have the biggest size cloth??

· Registered
866 Posts
Someone mentioned no teeth yet. We are in that boat. My two older boys did not get their first tooth till after their 1st birthday. Expecting the same for Harrison.

Tracey - We love to go to Dickenson park and swim in their 'concrete pond'. It may look a bit icky but they treat it just like any other pool. I have heard that it is actually cleaner than treadwell, which has the regular pool. The paint does peal and as the summer goes on it does get more of a pond feel. The kids like it so we go almost eveyday. Has to be nice and warm for me

Baby in bed - We have out mattress and box spring on the floor. Have not had a bed frame in about 4.5 years. At one point we even took away the box spring. Harrison has taken his share of falls off the bed. Sometimes it bothers him, sometimes not. We are working on teaching him to go feet first.

All in ones are washed as are. Of the AIO's that I've used they are sewn together as one piece. AIO's do take up more laundry space and are more costly, but are nice over night when you can't see as well.

· Registered
3,298 Posts
hi tracey (and other cd mamas)

a few posts back you were asking about what to carry dipes home in -- I just got the *cutest* wetbag ever from a wahm at www.happytushies.com -- she makes them out of neat-o retro and pretty fabrics with a PUL inner to keep the ickies from leaking out.

I have some wahm made dipes, but I've found myself using Fuzzi Bunz lately - I'm so lazy, and they are so easy! I'm not too fond of AIOs b/c they take soooo long to dry. The FBs with microfiber inserts work great for my super-soaker and they clean up 'real nice' - never a stain... and mother of eden (maker of FBs) often has ebay auctions where you can get them for about half of the normal price ($15!) which is the only way I can really afford them. I have definitely saved money since starting to cd Abi about 4 months ago...even with my expensive cd habit.

· Registered
1,291 Posts
That's right! Dickenson is the pond... Treadwell is the reg pool... I don't really LOVE either since there are always about 1000 kids there and there's no room to swim around w/the baby w/out getting splashed in the face... I just got one of those easy set pools, it is great, it is about 2 1/2 feet deep, perfect for AJ, and when the adults get in it is like sitting in a hottub. I put Chloe in one of those floaty boats and she floats all over!! Its great!

· Registered
304 Posts
Tracey- it's wonderful to hear you even interested in CD! Sorry I'm a little behind- haven't had any time to get back on the boards- we were just starting page 6 last time I was in!
my SIL didn't start until she was preg with #2 and her dd was almost 16mos (or older, I can't remember for sure) and she's the one who got me started. I was worried about the mess and all the laundry- but it has been much easier than I thought it would be and I would never go back to sposies! We just got our mini-shower installed on the toilet and I'm so happy! It works so great, the spray is really strong and cleans her messy poops right off- no mess. They are so much fun too. We use pretty much three kinds- all-in-one- (the ones I have dry pretty quickly), fitted and prefolds (I have a lot of fun with the dyed ones- they're so pretty
) with wool and sometimes Bummis covers.
I'm working my way towards learning to knit the soakers myself. Although I've turned myself from a diaper hyena into a yarn hyena :LOL

mamp- thanks for your thoughts- I have talked to dh and sometimes, right after I do , he's better for a little while. Then it just kind of slips back. I'll guess I'll just have to keep reminding him!

those are great pictures of you guys, the first one is so beautiful. I don't know AK, where was that one taken- it's gorgeous there!

About baby in bed- luckily (and sometimes unfortunately
) dd always wakes us up, so I haven't had her crawl off yet- though she works her way there when she is just on the bed while I'm getting dressed.

have a great day everone

· Registered
591 Posts
Anyone else debating another pregnancy any time soon....?! We aren't sure whether we want to stick with our three or have a fourth. But if we do have a fourth, I want to have one sooner, rather than later, so it really is coming up to decision time for us...hmmm...

Not debating I am already 8 weeks pregnant LOL!! A little too soon for me but all will be well once I feel ok. Katie and this babe will be 15.5 months apart. Katie is just 8 months, she has 5 teeth and is inchworming around, pulling up and starting tentative steps. I love this age. On a sad note the pregnancy has dropped my milk supply and I am having to supplement a bit in spite of my best efforts
#2 Bfed for 2 years and never had a bottle so it does sadden me to watch Katie have one, yet of course if I am not producing enough to meet her needs I'd rather her have the bottle KWIM. Just thought I'd check in

· Registered
7,799 Posts
Jen,
where are in PA ?
if you want to keep that private, PM me
I'm in sw PA.
My DS is named Colin also.

We would like another child sice we are in our early 40's.

We are trying.

ps- I have about 8 Zippidy CD's & love them !
We use both 'posies & Cloth.
I would like to get more cloth

· Registered
347 Posts
I really really love this thread. Especially after being up all night with a teething maniac of a child. He has two teeth through, and SIX (yes SIX!) little white gum blisters where teeth are going to pop through any minute. I know you all can totally relate. Julie's nighttime routine for going to sleep sounds VERY familiar right now. Micah's doing the exact same thing. I call it "bed thrashing", cause I usually spend an hour pulling him off the wall and laying him back down over and over. He usually screeches at me, will laugh, clap, sit up, stand up, and then it all starts again until he exhausts us both into slumber... sigh... This morning he went back to sleep after his morning hellos and clapping giggles (his latest thing, if you haven't noticed a trend here) until TEN THIRTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I woke up and saw what time it was, I about had a heart attack! I haven't slept that late since I was pregnant more than 10 months ago!!!!!! I needed it too, cause I was feeling crampy this morning, and started my TOM this morning... Miracles still happen, girls!

I added a few more pics to Micah's 9 month page www.aprilmae.net/micah9mon if you want to check them out.

Jen! Congrats on your big news!!!!!!!! Any names picked out yet? I'm always interested in names. Mitch and I have discussed maybe naming out next son Skye, but we haven't thought of a good middle name. I was surprised my DH liked it, to be honest. If we have a girl, she'll be Maya Jean.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

· Registered
1,343 Posts
hey Tracey...my friend down the street posts here at MDC as mama2cubs and she is selling some great All in ONes on the Trading POst...they are Kushies and while the mamas here are WAAAAYYYY past the likes of a Kushies, they are great easy (and cheap) dipes to start with. Maybe you should PM her and grab 'em (I think she only has 5) and see how you like the grind of CDing before investing too much $$$. Just a thought!!!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS JEN!!!! WOO HOO!!! I am getting the itch... definately want more... who knows, fate will take me there!! Good luck!!

Thanks Amanda... i don't know about second=hand diapers... i think i'll probably want to start off w/new ones... usually i don't care about stuff like that, but i don't know, something that touches the genitals, i think should be new. I appreciate the thought though, we certainly don't have any extra money, but if i explain how much we're saving from the sposies, i'm sure dh will go for it!!!

· Registered
304 Posts
tracey-
I have an AIO coming back (I switched up a couple orders
: and sent the girl dipe to the boy mama and the boy dipe to the girl mama :LOL) but I have already sent a new one in it's place. It was washed but never used, so if you're interested I can send it to you. It will only take a cycle in the dryer to get it dry. Let me know!

Boy, it must be the sleepy day today. DD woke dh up a little early (before 6) and somehow I masnaged to sleep through it. She slept a little longer but was then up at about 7. he fell asleep again about 8:30 and slept until 11:30!!!!!

Ds then went up and read to her for a while- how sweet!!!

· Banned
3,435 Posts
tracey, chloe sounds about scout's size, and scout fits comfortably in most mediums.

today at church, scout saw a little baby (maybe a newborn?). she was very interested; it was so cute! she was climbing around in the pew and she kept standing up and staring and waving at the baby.

congrats jen! how exciting!

121 - 139 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.