Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, and welcome newcomers... Here's a list of who frequents this thread, and what's going on with their labors (if anything at all!)

Screen Name Real Name Birth No. EDD where what's going on…
Lactationmom 3-Sep home w/midwife some contrax nothing to report
petitemama (laurie) #5 3-Sep homebirth w/ midwife lots of pressure and hip pain
akirasmama (laurie) #2 4-Sep contrax 5 mins apart 4 cms… labor started stopped and has started again
Anmarie Anmarie #2 4-Sep Home/h2o Alannah was born at 7:02 (9/3) at home in the pool-8lbs 13oz just over 20inches!!!
CTMOMOF2 (Tracey) #2 5-Sep Hospital OB contrax 4 mins apart for 20 hrs then Nothing now horly contrax but nothing exciting…
cobluegirl (rachael) #3 9-Sep hospital nothing happening yet
Carolyn #3 10-Sep Home Pressure
Emma #2 12-Sep Hospital Nothing yet
apple (Jamie) #1 14-Sep Hospital w/ CNM losing plug
Eman'smom #2 mid Sept some contrax
Lisa_Lynn (Lisa) #1 17-Sep Home
Mommy Stormraven (Michele) #3 17-Sep Home water birth
dallaschildren 18-Sep csect boy
MammaKathryns 19-Sep girl
Ravin #1 20-Sep hospital
Sagira #1 21-Sep Birth Center
1stTimeMummytoLore (Kate) #1 22-Sep Birth Center w/CNM
shanetedissac (shane) #3 24-Sep Home
seven_lux #1 25-Sep hospital
anabean (Ana) 25-Sep hospital w/ cnm 2 doulas
Amywillo (Amy) #2 26-Sep
mahdokht 28-Sep home w/midwife
cllovato #2 28-Sep labor at home birth at hospital w/ cnm/ob
Mamaley #2 30-Sep birth center
jennifer (sabin) Oct
weesej (jen) #4 Oct homebirth w/ midwife
mamapenelope #4 October Home
Nik's Mommy (christine) 1-Oct
mamarsupial (autumn) #2 4-Oct hospital w/ cnm & doula
Aspen 8-Oct
hikaru #2 14-Oct birthing clinic (doc/midwives)
jazzpurr88 #1 14-Oct
Rikki #5 17-Oct home
BellaMay 25-Oct
halah (jennifer) #2 25-Oct homebirth
Czen #3 26-Oct home w/ midwife & doula
grandmasgirl 27-Oct birth center boy
kerikadi (keri) 28-Oct homebirth
Louise #4 late Oct uc

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You ladies have me cracking up!! So many funny things in this thread!!

Quote - "Don't forget me! Although I'm not hanging out with labor buddies, I do want to represent on the main thread ." Ladylee
Sorry! I only copied from the labor buddies list!
Everyone who wants to be added or has updates should copy the list and paste it into thier post... this way it will keep coming out and we can all keep tracked of ourselves...

Quote - "I just got rudely awoken from a nap with more stomach acid crawling up my throat..."Cobluegirl
Sorry to laugh, just a very funny statement! I have this too, had to go on Prevacid!! It really works for me, and it is the only thing that has... was taking like 20 tums a day before, didn't do a damn thing... but i bet my bones are a lot stronger!!

Quote - "although i'm sure shorts would just get in the way in labor" Mamaley
I'd imagine they'd get in the way of the delivery too!! haha... By the way, i didn't care who was there when i was all crotch hanging out and boobs everywhere... my mom said, "can dad come in too" I was like, Ewww, but i saw his big head sticking around the curtain, then the next thing i know he was like 2 feet from me!! Something about your dad seeing your naked crotch!!! But at the time, i didn't even care!!!

I've also been sleeping these past few nights a lot longer too Ravin! I don't know what happened, i went from being a total insomniac to sleeping a solid 8 hours w/out even getting up to pee!! Weird!!

And, the hungar thing, i am starting to think there is no baby in there, just LOTS AND LOTS of junk food that is gargling all the time... if i hadn't had an ultrasound, i'd really think that!!!

I love this board!!! You are all my best-friend right now!! I wake up in the morning and you are all the very first thing i think of, and the very last thing i think of/do before i go to sleep at night!! It is really nice to have a place to go where everyone REALLY understands!!! In a way that anyone else in my life never could! I'm constantly talking about all of you to my friends and family as if you were my next door neighbors or something!! I'm going to miss this after the baby is born!!! Where do we go after this again???? I couldn't find the right place, is it under parenting?

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Oh Rikki!! That is funny!! Do you really let him do that! My breast are OFF LIMITS from the instant i become pregnant until i stop nursing completely!! And still since i've nursed, don't consider them as part of the sex-life at all!! To me they are feeding objects only!!

That is funny though!!! haha

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
these are all quotes from one of the sites i was checking out... none of it is my opinion at all... link is below...

Quote - Applying hot packs/heat to breasts is supposed to get a chemical going naturally [ed. presumably oxytocin] and will start labor. It worked with my second baby. I had bronchitis and it turned into a bad cold/cough. About a week before my due date, I had put a heat pad on my chest, hoping to loosen it up for breathing purposes. The next morning I went into labor and within a few hours, I delivered a healthy baby!! I then recalled having read somewhere that applying heat to the breasts will induce labor.

Eating Pineapple -- Quote...
[ NOTE - The helpful enzyme in pineapple, bromelaine, is destroyed by heat, which is typically generated by processing, such as canning or juicing. In order to receive all the benefits of pineapple, eat fresh pineapple.] Apparently, pineapple contains bromelaine, which is a fairly potent enzyme used by naturopathic medicine types for anti-inflammatory
kinds of effects. The German sports medicine types advocate bromelaine with some other enzymes somewhat routinely following soft tissue injury and there is some data to suggest this decreases healing time. As I understand it, very lay terms, now, the bromelaine helps to decrease the walling off of inflammation by somehow digesting it, therefore
making injured tissue more available to natural healing properties within the body.

Swinging -- Quote...
Go to a local park or playground and swing on those nice big swings. This is a really fun way to start labor!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curb Walking -- Quote...
Try curb walking to help bring on labor. I know it sounds funny, but I really believe it helps. Walk along a curb, one leg up on the curb and one in the gutter, then turn around and go the other way.

http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/natinduc.html#Castor

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Amywillow - you are so funny! I agree about the back fat thing, i much rather have my entire breast and nipple hanging out for the whole world to see than that roll, you know the one, that is above the waist and below the shoulder blade!! hahahahaa

Ok, having some crampy, period-type feelings going on, just had diahreah again (which i swear this never happens to me), lots of back pressure/uncomfortableness... Let's hope this means labor and not that i had a huge lunch that included nachos grande, and a fried chicken salad!!

I'm going to try putting a heating pad on my breasts, this is one of the things i read on that site i quoted before... maybe that'll do something...?? Can't wait out the weekend!!! 40 weeks today!! AGGGHHH!!

Also have a headache, another thing i don't normally get!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Oh hi AquarianAngel, sorry i missed you, you went before i joined!! Hope all is well w/you and baby!! Congratulations!!

Are you and Anmarie going to start a thread in the parenting, life with babe? I'm hoping to see you there soon... like tomorrow???!!! hee hee, wishful thinking!

If you start a thread, come back here and put the link so we know where to go!! Thanks!

Welcome ******'s Mom... add yourself to the list by copy & paste into your next post!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
1sttimemummy - your story sounds like mine from Tues night!! Today is the first day something feels different since wed morn!! I hope it is something real!! I really NEED to go into labor asap!! I'm at the final wits end!!

I NEVER cry, but i almost feel like crying!!!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
The most important thing about carseats is having the one that BEST fits YOUR car... not all carseats are for all cars. Here we have Fairfield County Safekids that you can get all this information from regarding Connecticut Law, but also all kinds of safety information...

They professionally installed our seat(s) too, the safest place if the seat fits in all the spaces in the back seat is the center, but the second safest is behind the driver. I've always had the toddler seat behind the passanger because it is more convenient for me and my son has long legs so needs the leg room. With the infant seat we always had it in the center... we have a mercury mountaineer (same as the ford explorer) and had the graco infant seat... the most universal carseat made is the Cosco Tourvia... which you can buy directly from a carseat clinic, (but you are not really buying it, they give it to you for free to keep everyone safe and request a donation of $40 or so)...

www.fcsafekids.com

Also on this site, off the subject, but a big safety thing that i really believe in... there is a story about cribsheet safety... even though most of us are co-sleeping, it is important to know about cribsafety if you do even occasionally use a crib. There is a HORRIBLE story about a woman who went to get her like 18 month old up from a nap and found him wrapped up in his cribsheet and i hate to say it, but dead. So she came up with a cribsheet that fits around the entire mattress and closes with velcro on the underside so a child could NEVER get the sheet off... If you are planning on using a crib ever, this is a very important article to read, and should really consider purchasing her cribsheets, there is a link on there about this story and how to buy them. I love the sheets, and they come in all different colors. They aren't cheap but they aren't expensive either, i think they are around $15 per sheet or something like that. But well worth every cent to keep your child alive in his/her crib!!

Sorry for the sad story, but sometimes we need to hear them in order for us to make the right safety decisions!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Screen Name Real Name Birth No. EDD where what's going on?br /> Lactationmom 3-Sep home w/midwife some contrax nothing to report
akirasmama (laurie) #2 4-Sep contrax 5 mins apart 4 cms?labor started stopped and has started again
Anmarie Anmarie #2 4-Sep Home/h2o Alannah was born at 7:02 (9/3) at home in the pool-8lbs 13oz just over 20inches!!!
Aquarianangela #1 edd Sep 5 born at hospital July 13 at 32 weeks abigail elizabeth 3lb 15oz
CTMOMOF2 (Tracey) #2 5-Sep Hospital OB contrax 4 mins apart for 20 hrs then Nothing now horly contrax but nothing exciting?
******'smom #3- Sept 8- homebirth
cobluegirl (rachael) #3 9-Sep hospital nothing happening yet
Carolyn #3 10-Sep Home Pressure
Emma #2 12-Sep Hospital Nothing yet
Eman'smom #2 mid Sept some contrax
Lisa_Lynn (Lisa) #1 17-Sep Home
ladylee (lee) September 19 cesarean delivery-girl!
Ravin #1 20-Sep hospital
1stTimeMummytoLore (Kate) #1 22-Sep Birth Center w/CNM- about 15 hours of 40 second ctx, 3-5 min apart and now nothing but a lower back ache-- still waiting and hopefull
Amywillo (Amy) #2 26-Sep
jennifer (sabin) Oct
rootsaloo (Ruth) #3 4-October homebirth
Aspen 8-Oct
jazzpurr88 #1 14-Oct
Rikki #5 17-Oct home
BellaMay 25-Oct
Louise #4 late Oct uc

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
lactationmom i could have re-writen your post exactly!! I am soooo not hanging in there!!! AJ was born at 38 weeks and my edd is today or yesterday, depedning on how you look at it! The way i see it, i'll be pg forever! I'm really starting to worry what will happen if i don't naturally go into labor? I'm going to OB today, i'm going to ask him what other options there are than pitocin... i mean medically...

What is this gel stuff that they sometimes put on women's cervix?? Does anyone know what that is, what are the dangers, etc...???? I think i've heard it is worse than pitocin...???

Lactationmom - maybe we'll go into labor today????? i think i like the date... 09/05/03 all odd numbers. I think it would be really exciting to have two or more of us to start REAL labor at the same time, then the rest of you could take wagers on who will appear first!! A little competition might be the right medicine for we that are past our dates!

I forget who it is, but someone was due August 21st....i don't know if she is posting on this thread or not, but if you are reading it.... you poor thing, i'd be going out of my blessed mind if i was that far... i hope you get something going too!!!!!

I'm going to buy some motherwart today i think... but the other thing on my mind is i was reading the thread on Blue Cohosh and now i'm all worried that i'm going to have some side effect because some people were saying how dangerous it is and how it can cause uturoian bleeding and stuff! I took it like 6-7 times in the past 3 weeks... do you think i'll be ok????

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Well, It sounds like quite a few of us had our prenatal visit today! And most of us sound unhappy about our visits too!!

Let me first start by saying I Love my doctors, there are two of them, both men, and they are great, both have told me, do what every you want to do... i don't care, unless something goes wrong, then they'll take the reins! So they've been great with not getting too involved and answering every tiny question i have, even though this is my second birth with them!! AND, the delivery on the Doctor's part with AJ was AWESOME! He did everything exactly as I would have wanted him to... the nurses were another story!

So, I go in today, and you all know how miserable i am, 40 weeks today/yesterday... I say, so, other than pitocin, how can we get this labor going? What is going to happen if labor doesn't start? I gotta go into labor because my hormones have made me crazy and i'm bitch on wheels... he starts by telling me he can relate because i keep forgetting he is married w/three kids of his own and knows all about the bitchy hormones pregnancy... been there, done that! Then he was telling me how pitocin is the safest way to induce because he can stop that at any time, that giving the proglastin (sp?) and other things once they are in they are in, and typically they are for preparing the cervix to get the pictocin, etc... and that in 2 weeks he's not going to give me a choice... and i said, but in the large sceam of things, if i were with a mid-wife and was 43 weeks, i could just wait, and then he got "mad" or something like "mad" and was like, you know, the reason that so many women died or babies died back in the 30's & 40s and before that is because they didn't have our technology to help them along, and midwives are such a danger to childbirth, they have alll the time women coming to the hospital in ambulances because they have been pushing for 5 hours and their uteruses are ripped apart and the babies are in destress because they don't know what the hell they are doing... We see it ALL THE TIME! And, we lost a woman just last year, she was pushing so long, and lost sooo much blood and when she got to the hospital it was just too late to save her!

Of course, all this time, my husband is there hearing all of this and is getting all parinoid! Saying, oh, no, we gotta get this baby out!!

Now, i don't know what to think! Is he trying to scare me?? So i said to my husband on our way out to the elevator, why do you think he said all those things about midwives? And i was releived to hear him say, Trace, he is just pissed because the midwives take money out of his pocket... Fheww! that made me feel a little better, i thought he was going to say, "you're getting the pitocin!" but he didn't!!

I mean to some extent i can understand some of what he said, like if i had no ultrasouns i would worry about placenta previa (which i had in the beginning of this pregnancy, and it ended up lifting) and stuff like that, and i'm having a hospital birth because ofthe "just in case scenario" but just want to have a natural, drug-free birth.... Now DR said, he's making me get an internal on Monday if i haven't had the baby by then! I said, why, it doesn't mean anything... and he said, if you are threee centimeters, i'll break your water and send you to the hospital! And i said, i don't want oyou to break my water! and he said, ok, then be pregnant forever!

See, he is really funny, and fun,, and makes you laugh all the time, and i do really like him a lot, but he is confusing me and making me doubt my decisions, and i don't want to feel like a fool for not trusting him if god forbid something goes wrong and i'm fending him off!

By the way mamarsupial, i think you should skip everyother, because i agree the stress is making me crazy too!! You need to go, but the stress is too much to deal with!!! What a catch 22!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Hikaru Writes from Old Thread --

Quote:
Originally posted by Hikaru
Hi all, I haven't posted in awhile. I'm nearly 35 weeks along,
wow.
I have a question. Is there anyone else here who just can't
stand to be touched? I'm sure it's a pregnancy thing.....
DS (3 and a half) keeps kissing and stroking
my arms, belly, whatever is exposed (and it's HOT here so
a lot is exposed) and it makes me crazy!! He is an affectionate kid,
always has been, and I feel so terrible for getting angry at him
for kissing and touching me but no nmatter how often I ask him calmly to stop he keeps doing it. DH knows to give me my space
but how do you explain that to a pre-schooler??

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Hikaru - This is me exactly... i don't ever really like being touched generally, but ESPECIALLY now! I constantly am saying... "DONT TOUCH ME!" and people who hear me are looking at me like i'm some mean mom, but i can't stand it!! He isn't trying to hug me or anything, just touching my arm and grabbing my shirt and all that! Drives me nuts!!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
lactationmom -- did the acupuncture hurt? What does it feel like... i'm too afraid!!

By the way all... I'm having a big, fat glass of Cabernet right now... maybe the baby will get drunk & then decide to come out! I need something to relax me!!!!!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Births ~
1. Aquarianangela #1 edd Sep 5 born at hospital July 13 at 32 weeks abigail elizabeth 3lb 15oz
2. Anmarie -#2 4-Sep Home/h2o Alannah was born at 7:02 (9/3) at home in the pool-8lbs 13oz just over 20inches!!!

Matrons in waiting...

Screen Name - Real Name - Birth No. - EDD - where - what's going on?br />
akirasmama (laurie) #2 4-Sep contrax 5 mins apart 4 cms?labor started stopped and has started again (Any Update?)
CTMOMOF2 (Tracey) #2 5-Sep Hospital OB contrax 4 mins apart for 20 hrs then Nothing now horly contrax but nothing exciting?
cobluegirl (rachael) #3 9-Sep hospital -back cramps
Carolyn #3 10-Sep Home - Pressure, -some contrax
Emma #2 12-Sep Hospital -Contrax 7-8 mins apart, mucus/blood
Eman'smom #2 mid Sept some contrax, more frequent contrax & painful, 1cm Lisa_Lynn (Lisa) #1 17-Sep Home
Ravin #1 20-Sep hospital
1stTimeMummytoLore (Kate) #1 22-Sep Birth Center w/CNM- about 15 hours of 40 second ctx, 3-5 min apart and now nothing but a lower back ache-- 2 cm & 50%, contrax
Amywillo (Amy) #2 26-Sep
jennifer (sabin) Oct
Aspen 8-Oct
jazzpurr88 #1 14-Oct
Rikki #5 17-Oct home
BellaMay 25-Oct
Louise #4 late Oct uc

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
I don't understand why they test anyway... they don't do anything about it if it comes back high, right? Just tell you to watch your diet? I had to go for that STUPID 3-hour test too!! Which takes 4 hours actually! What a horrible experience!!!!! and it came back negative!! Not that i was hoping that it would come back positive, but i feel like it was all a waste of time because the one hour came back like 2 points past normal!!!!

AGGRIVATING!!!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! I'm on this site like every 5 mins all day and night... I haven't been on in a couple of hours and THREE BABIES!!!!!! HOW EXCITING!!! It is sooo weird, like none of us were ever going to have our babies or something!!! I'm soooo happy for all of you!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Lactationmom & Cobluegirl & Akirasmama - we are next.... we have to be!!!! I'm going to go and update the list now, so we'll be the next three names on the list, i think! haha

mamapenelope, i think you are absolutely right about the stress factor... i think i've been stressing sooo much about not having this baby that she just won't come out... I have really got to relax!!! Maybe i'll have another glass of wine tonight, i slept good last night after i had one....

Tomorrow we are having a tiny little bday party for AJ who's bday is 9/9 (Tues)... i've been worried since i found out i was PG that i'd have the baby on his bday... i really hope that doesn't happen, i feel like that is really unfair for him, he's got to already share his mom & dad, all his stuff, his home, his bed, and what now, his bday??? I hope not!! But maybe the party tomorrow will make him feel really special... if i don't go into labor between now and then that is!! (i secretly hope i do!)...

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Births ~
1. Aquarianangela #1 edd Sep 5 born at hospital July 13 at 32 weeks abigail elizabeth 3lb 15oz
2. Anmarie -#2 4-Sep Home/h2o Alannah was born at 7:02 (9/3) at home in the pool-8lbs 13oz just over 20inches!!!
3. Sagira #1 21-Sep Birth Center - Brandon William Zachary born 9/2/03; 7:18 pm, @ 38 wks. 6lbs 15oz, 20 1/2 inches (17 hours total)
4. petitemama (laurie) #5 3-Sep homebirth w/ midwife lots of pressure and hip pain -- Angelina Palmeida born 9/5/03, 7:55 am, 7lbs 15 oz, 21 1/2 inches... 2 hrs 45 mins total start to finish!
5. mama2girls - 7-sept, Sage Elizabeth born 9/5/03, 6 lbs 3 oz at 39w 5ds, 8 hours of labor total.

CONGRATS MOMMA'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matrons in waiting...

Screen Name - Real Name - Birth No. - EDD - where - what's going on?
akirasmama (laurie) #2 4-Sep contrax 5 mins apart 4 cms? Labour stopping and starting all week!
cobluegirl (rachael) #3 9-Sep hospital -back cramps
Carolyn #3 10-Sep Home - Pressure, -some contrax
Emma #2 12-Sep Hospital -Contrax 7-8 mins apart, mucus/blood
Eman'smom #2 mid Sept some contrax, more frequent contrax & painful, 1cm Lisa_Lynn (Lisa) #1 17-Sep Home
Ravin #1 20-Sep hospital
1stTimeMummytoLore (Kate) #1 22-Sep Birth Center w/CNM- about 15 hours of 40 second ctx, 3-5 min apart and now nothing but a lower back ache-- 2 cm & 50%, contrax
Amywillo (Amy) #2 26-Sep
jennifer (sabin) Oct
Aspen 8-Oct
jazzpurr88 #1 14-Oct
Rikki #5 17-Oct home
BellaMay 25-Oct
Louise #4 late Oct uc

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.