Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6,128 Posts
I'm sure it's been asked before on here, but what are you all wearing to labor and birth in? Last time I wore a hospital gown, but this time is at a birthing center and they said to bring a "loose dress". I'm more of a sports bra and shorts kind of gal, although i'm sure shorts would just get in the way in labor--and, I like being naked but I don't know if i'll want to be there. Any ideas?

I just went for a walk and there are times when I swear it feels like the baby wants to come out of my butt.
Not that I'm in a hurry, but I really wish that the fact that baby's engaged could tell me something. Ahh, the joys of the last month!

· Registered
6,128 Posts
Um, has anyone else been gaining 4 lbs every two weeks?! I feel like I'm eating less and exercising more, and I'm still gaining weight like crazy. I don't think I look that much bigger--maybe i'm retaining water, my feet are swollen. Hopefully it's going to the babe.

I went to Target today and bought the last of the things I need before baby is here. I think we have everything now.
No, that can't be right!

I bought a cute sleeveless cotton nightshirt, the only bad thing about it is that it has horizontal stripes! Oh well. It looks comfy, that's what matters. I got some slipper socks too. I'll bring those, flip flops, an ugly bath robe I have and a sports bra. And my comfy gray shorts. Or maybe I should wear my new bravado black nursing bra?
Wow, I am thinking about this way too much!
LOL CT--I definitely won't be in shorts for the delivery!

Lisa--I'm so happy to hear that you found Dr. Right! He sounds wonderful.

I can't believe that yesterday I was saying that my pelvis felt fine--it's achy now. Oh well! Could be worse.

We took some belly pics last night. Wow, i'm huge! I can honestly say that I will miss my belly when it's gone. I think. If I get brave, I'll post them.

· Registered
6,128 Posts
Kate--sounds like things are really moving! I hope it keeps up. If not, reading your new book is a great idea--I love that book.

I'm still working on packing my bag. I have lots of laundry to do, and then I'll get it all together. I still need to pack a baby hat though, and I don't have one except for in Preemie size.

Pregnancy brain moment: I've been thinking all afternoon about how happy I am that it's Friday. Just realized it's only Thursday.
:

· Registered
6,128 Posts
Nik's Mommy, that would annoy me to death if my mil was like that. I can't believe that she equates typical last month discomfort, etc, with "not enjoying pregnancy". That's silly. And to expect you to ride in a car for 2 hours is ridiculous.

Lisa, am I psychic or what?? He really *is* your Dr. Wright!

CT
It's going to happen! I was like that at 38 weeks with my son, which is when I gave birth. I know it has to be a lot more difficult around your due date.

Mamarsupial--I LOVE that book. It is very empowering. I think I want to bring it with me while I'm labor LOL

Car Seats: To those of you with another small child and a four door compact car, where will you put the infant seat? Isn't it usually best to put it in the middle? Or is it better to put it by the door, as far away from the sibling as possible? I'd rather do it the second way...

· Registered
6,128 Posts
Thanks for all the carseat info. I'm trying to find a place that will install our seats (I want to have my son's reinstalled just to make sure). Safety first!

I'm wondering something...with ds, I had colostrum by sometime in my 2nd trimester. I haven't had any signs that I'm making any this time--no leaking of any kind. Should I be concerned? Or is this normal with second pregnancies? Anyone know?
Do I ask you guys too much stuff?

eta: CT, thanks for the crib info too. That happened to my neighbor's son a while back.
Do you know where I can find those sheets?

· Registered
6,128 Posts
You Sept mamas need to start a Sept babies thread in Life With a Babe! Not that you're not busy right now or anything...

OT, but do any of you know if it's ok to freeze banana bread? I really want to make some, and was thinking of making lots of loaves for my mw, the family who is watching ds when i'm in labor, and for me in labor. I'm trying to think of some good labor snacks--my birthing center recommends chicken broth, clear soda, popsicles and juice, but I want to be prepared...

· Registered
6,128 Posts
CT--you'd *better* come back after you have that babe!!
And that goes for all you other early sept mamas too--there's a whole group of us expecting in late Sept and the whole month of Oct and we'll want your wisdom and support

Sagira, sounds like you and babe are doing great!

I'm so excited about having my dd. I can't believe I'm going to have a daughter. I got my prowraps covers in the mail today, along with a super-comfy Bravado nursing bra, super soft breast pads, even softer wipes, and some California Baby bubble bath.
With ds I used everything disposible, and this is so much better in quality and in comfort.

Weesej, I'm sorry to hear about your bbq. That would upset me too, especially after all that work--if it makes you feel better, I can't even think of 13 people I'd want to invite to mine! It's great though that you through a party for yourself and your babe-to-be. I kind of want to do something like that, but I'm still thinking about it. We're thinking about having a party after the baby is born, but I doubt I'll be feeling up to it!

· Registered
6,128 Posts
Good morning--
Carolyn, I hope this is it!
This morning dh looked at my belly and said it definitely looks different, and more pointy, which it already was...she had already dropped, is it possible that she could have moved even further down? I just woke up, this might be a silly question...
Hope we have some babies today

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.