Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,828 Posts
I'm planning on being naked, and taking a robe to wear to walk around outside my LDR room. I'll probably just wear undies after the birth and MAYBE a t-shirt or hospital gown, until it's time to go home (which will hopefully just be a few hours after the birth).

I've been sleeping more...was up late last night but then slept for 8 whole hours (not completely uninterrupted, but more or less). Then took a 2 hour nap this afternoon.

I gained 5 lbs. in 8 days between my last two prenatal appts!

I've been eating a lot of dairy and sugar and fattening stuff, not enough healthy stuff, I know... but my sweet tooth has been out of control and it's there and easy to grab, no way to convince the other members of my household not to have it around. <sigh> I hate not being in control of what groceries are brought into the house! I would buy fruit instead of Entemann's doughnuts, DH has no sense sometimes... but the doughnuts are there, so I eat them. I'm hopeless.

· Registered
5,828 Posts
Wow, it took me like 2 hours to catch up on this thread--guess that's what I get for not checking in for a couple of days, eh?

Now that DsD's and my B-days are over, I'm SO ready for this babe to come already. I've been having LOTS more BH contrax, and pretty much any time I'm walking around my uterus tightens up and stays that way until I sit down. The contrax are starting to be achy in the lower abdominal area, like menstrual cramping, and I've been getting that menstrual cramp feeling in my thighs, too.

And I can't walk as much now, because when I do something in vincinty of my tailbone/back of my pelvis pops with every step! Everything's SO loose, my poor muscles are SO sore because of it, I can't wait until the baby's out so that the relaxin will flush out of my system! I wish I could afford a chiropractor or even a good, professional massage.

My husband's ex informed him on stepDD's birthday that she (stepdd) feels like she's being replaced. Poor kid! I'm sure this wouldn't suddenly be such an issue if her mother was ever the least bit encouraging of her relationship with her father. Especially with being behind on child support, DH has been VERY respectful of ex's wishes for him to keep his distance and hasn't pushed for visitation--which is unfair to DD (she just turned 6 and DH hasn't seen her since Xmas holiday when she was 3, then just for a few minutes at his Dad's house). On the one hand, she's very close to her mother and doesn't want to be parted from her for long, on the other she's getting old enough that if she wants she should be able to have more a relationship with her dad...

I've always tried to stay out of it and leave DH to deal with his rel with his daughter himself, but I feel so bad that this baby is upsetting her and there's nothing I can do to help her adjust...and it's my fault, DH wanted to wait a while yet to have any more kids, partly because his rel with his daughter is so tenuous...

I'm up really early again this morning, so much for sleeping better. I really should stop fretting over things that are beyond my control.

· Registered
5,828 Posts
Congrats to all the new mamas!

Much as I like to complain, the more I think about it, the less hurry I'm in. If I go all the way to my due date, great. If I get so much as a day past, I'll probably start thinking about natural induction methods, though, to avoid pit &etc.

· Registered
5,828 Posts
That is a bummer about your bbq. I wonder if people didn't come because they didn't want to make a casserole? For those that don't cook, alternatives when such a request is made could include gift certificates for local restaurants that deliver, or even something like a frozen lasagna from the grocery store. Some people just have no imaginations, though.

This baby feels huge! Not only do I strongly resemble a prehistoric European goddess figurine (not that I can blame my thighs and butt directly on the baby, just the belly.
), but based on where the baby's butt is (a little towards the right just above my belly button) and where I keep getting kicked (in the ribs in my side on the left), this little one's got some awfully long legs!

It's nice to be in a good mood despite being sore and tired.

I have my prepared childbirth class on Friday, which I have to attend alone because DH has to work (they give him sixteen lousy hours a week and of course six of them have to be on the one day I wish he had free.
: )
I'm mostly going so I can get a look-see at the hospital and find out about their procedures and how assertive I'm going to have to be...

I do have a few more things I need to get, like pads! I haven't bought pads in years, before I got pg used tampons or a menstrual cup. I'd thought about getting cloth ones but with money the way it is and I'll probably go back to menstrual cup once AF comes back, can't see spending the money. My mom was telling me how no one bothered to tell her she'd bleed after the birth, it came as a complete surprise after she had me. And this even though she'd read several books on birth, it was just never mentioned. I'm so glad we live in a more enlightened era.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.