Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Quote:
I went to my appt today--baby is engaged, does that mean anything when it's your second? I'm assuming not, but thought I'd ask. I'm 36 weeks.
Not really...it means you may have a very long 3-4 wks. Are you really uncomfortable?
My baby is not even engaged yet...hehe...I never was with #2 I don't think...

Hey what do you do with the evening primrose? Swallow it or open it up and insert it?

Acid indigestion still killing me. Asked the midwife and all she said was take some mylanta ..that should help...hello.. I have been doing that all along. I just got rudely awoken from a nap with more stomach acid crawling up my throat...
I think I will try some pepcid tonight...this is miserable.

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Thank you Amanda...these are huge...gian horse pills...would you still use two at bed time? Also guess they should be used after sex? hehe..I am so ready and I have one week to go still....argh...I was fine till I had that stupid false labor..hehe..and I am not sure that comparing progress with everyone helps either..lol
ps. I am an hour away from the hosp too and I birth quickly once my water is broken....

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Apple...you are probably not engaged yet but the baby it low. My baby is low too and I am not engaged..I think if you were they would have stated as much...

We have never done any classes period for us or the kids...I just really try to focus on relaxing every muscle possible while in labor and concetrate.

Check out Laura Shanley's site..she has some good info.

http://unassistedchildbirth.com/

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Tracey....you are too funny..I wouldn't want to be your husband....he must be totally deprived....hehe...I wouldn't say dh likes my breasts while nursing...he likes the nice full look but I think he is shy about the contents...lol..I weaned Tristan when he was 15 months...was 3 months preg with Lorna...It was kind of mutual...looking back I am not sure..
With Lorna she weaned about 22 months and I was 6 months preg. Dh has really liked them since then....kind of diffferent from with Tristan...of course being sore doesn't help anything. I am glad I am over that..till this one is born.....

As far as sex after birth goes...as soon as I am done bleeding if I don't tear we have sex...(someone commented on this earlier)The only reason we waited longer then that the first time is I tore really bad with Tristan and man..I had stitches till 6wks or so and it hurt....we tried at 5 wks pp I think. I am sure it was a good 6 months before things felt normal again. With Lorna I didn't tear at all and it was great. The recovery wasn't even comparable. We had sex like 2 wks pp or as soon as I was done bleeding....

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Good morning..still here and still nothing going on.

Am i the only one who doesn't want to eat? hehe...I hate eating..it gives me indigestion....lol I gave up and took a pepcid last night..it helped for a while..I still didn't sleep welll..not sure what is up with that..I was sleeping great last week..not this week I guess...am awake for what seems like most of the night..or at least my mind is awake....

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Well it is morning...i was up almost all night in pain. I slept (or laid..didn't sleep) in my lazy boy with the vibrator/heat thingy going on my back. Then about 1:30 or so I got up and walked around and stretched, was having major back pain, not contractions but pain,.....then it went away..I was still pretty uncomfortable but managed to get myself in bed. Then ds decided he wanted to sleep in the living room instead of his bed so I got up to help him get situated. Back to bed and lay there wide awake..finally went to sleep sometime after 2 I think...not sure how I slept. Dh's alarm clock went off at 5 and I was awake before that. Then he decided he was finally ready for sex...around 6, as I couldn't get him to budge last night...argh....WEnt back to sleep till 7 or so when work radioed and wanted to know where dh was. Shortly after that Dd woke up....so we are up for the day. I am not having any more back cramps but am definitely sore...all the blood is rushing to my vagina I think.....hehe..I will have to try some more EPO...I didn't put any in last night because I didn't want to explain it to the midwife if I did actually go into labor...hehe

akirasmama...I am sorry you are experiencing the same thing...this is miserable. I am ready and not ready and guess am just ready to be done..hehe...never been this bad before I don't think...but then wasn't teased like this with the last two. I went for a walk last night to help things along..I thought I was going to die I was so uncomfortable but alas...didn't do much but make me uncomfortable..on the other hand..maybe baby isn't postierier right now like it was last night....who knows....

Dh went to work but said he would stay in the shop so I could get a hold of him if I needed to...which I am thankful for...I didn't want to tell him to stay home..we need the money and today is payday and if nothing happens then it woudl be a waste to have him home...(sorta....you know what i mean..hehe)

Ok done whining for now....lol

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Good luck Emma. I can totally relate to the fear thing..I was doing that last night when I thought i was in labor.

I am still not experiencingn much today...am bummed...maybe after the sun goes down...lol It is trying to rain outside...was hoping maybe the barometric pressure would help.

Mamarsupial...hope things calm down for you. My CNM is great..I only go in about every 2 weeks for my "weeklies" and every 3 wks for my bi-wklys. I hope yours mellows out a little. They tend to forget that our bodies know how to do this. (hehe..I think my needs a refresher..it can't seem to make up its mind...)

Sent dh out to get pizza for dinner..I am finally starving...lol maybe that is a sign...One can hope.

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Well Sat morning here and haven't felt a thing since Thurs night/Fri early morn......

The baby is still moving but not as much.... I keep thinking that if I relax and calm down that it will come. The guys at work told dh yesterday and to get cows to go into labor they tie them onto the back of a truck and drive with them behind it....lol Then said a good way to get it out is the way it got in there..hehe....the other guy suggested castor oil..which is sorely tempting.

I can totally relate to the not touching thing....I hate to be touched or hung on....the kids are worse right now too becuase they sense the change I think.....

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Here is what I have...and it was gotten from a bunch of different books on midwifery etc....

Bringing on Birth
Blue cohosh, black cohosh, and motherwort are good and safe herbs to when it is time for birth, either because labor has begun or a health professional has determined that it is time. (They should not be used earlier in the pregnancy since they could cause a miscarriage.)

In the last week of pregnancy, black cohosh can help prepare for labor or bring on an overdue labor. It has been used this way by aboriginal healers for years. It stimulates contractions while relaxing tension in the uterine muscles, easing the pain of labor. Blue cohosh also helps to bring on contractions when labor is prolonged or so overdue that it has become risky. Motherwort prepares the uterus for labor and brings on contractions, and eases the birth.

Cramp bark and black haw are also useful during labor. Black haw is a uterine tonic. It quiets uterine muscles and eases the tension that comes with contractions. Cramp bark works by relaxing uterine muscles. Valerian and chamomile flowers can also help to relieve excess spasms.

edited to add..here is the link from mothering..: http://www.mothering.com/11-0-0/html...l-allies.shtml

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Oh my, I don't check in all morning and we have had 3 babies....I am sitting her bawling..hehe...love those hormones. How exciting!!

Dh took the kids for the afternoon so I have been cleaning all afternoon and decided to eat some lunch and check the puter..hehe...nothing happening. I did feel my cervix this morning when inserting the EPO so it is getting closer.

On the caster oil...what is the dosage? In case I get really impatient? I tried looking online and couldn't find anything in a search. I would really like to have this baby before Dh has to go back to work on Monday and out of cell range...am fairly content at the moment though.

back to cleaning and eating..hehe

Congrats to those with new babies!!!!!!

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Thanks for the castor oil info. I would rather use it externally I think..hehehe

I am not having any contractions so am not timing and am bad at it anyway. CTMOMOF2 My second labor was fast and hard and not harder to start.

Mamaley....YES you can freeze banana bread....it turns out good that way....I freeze bananas all the time when we don't eat them fast enough, as well.

· Registered
2,939 Posts
CTMOMOF2 Yes you can freeze bananas....The best way probably to peel them and then freeze them in bags...but I never do. Ijust put them peel and all in the freezer. I use them in banana bread or more commonly shakes. Frozen fruit is a great replacer for ice cubes...When I want to use one I run them under hot water to remove the peels....or if making bread I thaw them...they do get really mushy and the tecture is weird when you thaw them but if you are just putting them in bread it doesn't matter. The taste is fine.

Shane..I am still trying to figure out when I have braxton hicks...hehe...so not sure about shape but I do change shapes doing other things occassionally.

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Well tis Sunday night and nothing going on. Have had major nerve pinches all afternoon in pelvic/butt area..but baby still has not dropped.

Sure hope Laurie is having her baby...

For those of us waiting the full moon in Wed night....so maybe....if we haven't before then gone..we will then...lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.