Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
866 Posts
Sibling classes:

We did not do a sibling class for the first or the second. What we did do was with ds#2 pg we took bradley childbirth class again with him attending every class (private) and having the instructor teach towards him along with us (he was 18months). Then this time I had a childbirth educator come into our home and speak to them about baby to be. It was really nice, she planned the class around the boys and they seemed to enjoy it. They love baby pictures and that was the first thing they asked for. Plus she had a birth on video that the boys had not seen. I've just included them in eveything and they have not been exposed to any negativity to birth or pg so they do not have these feelings. My eldest (4yo) will also be telling us the sex. I keep asking him how he will know if it is a boy or a girl. Just to make sure!

· Registered
866 Posts
I found where we can post after our babies are born. Under parenting there is a catagory called Life With Babe. I looked under it and there were other threads with groups of parents with kids born in the same time frame. So it just has to be started, I guess Anmarie would get that started.

· Registered
866 Posts
I freeze bananna's also. For some reason we go through stages where we just don't eat up our fresh fruit. Good thing over ripe bananna can be used

What we did to celebrate this pg was to have professional photos done. We went in and saw the proofs. It was really interesting to see me. A whole different perspective. We decided to wait till we have had out postpartum pictures taken before we make a final decision on what to buy. I like the idea of having a photo collection to display of before and after. Oh, and we decided to have pictures to display in the living room and then different pictures of just me
to display in our bedroom (more on the contemporary side).

So, when some of you have have a braxton hicks contractions to do happen to notice what shape your belly takes on. It fine it really neat to see where the rounds and the flats end up. Most of the time I have this large flat right across my belly button and a big hump (probably butt) on my upper right belly. Really neat.

Congrats to the new mom's!!! Sweet, sweet babies

· Registered
866 Posts
Weesej: That is such a bummer that more people did not come to your party. Did most of the people at least call to tell you they were not coming? If they did not that was so insensitive!

Laurie (CT): That is so funny what you said about your husband. Ironic that my dh is an Oakland fan also
But as he said, if I was to go into labor at kick off he does not have to worry. We would not have the baby very soon. But then I reminded him of our past labors (5/6 hours) the baby could very well be born before the end of the game! What part of CT do you live. I live in upper Fairfield County.

My bx ctx are getting stronger. Plus movement from the baby is getting more pronounced when I feel it. You know? A hard object is jutting at me.

· Registered
866 Posts
Tracy: So sorry to address you with the wrong name. Trying to figure out why I did that
Maybe you were addressing Laurie in your post that I had read last. Oakland did not win the game. Not to bad though 20-25. What OB are you seeing? I'm familiar with some of the OB in the Danbury area, I worked as a doula at the hospital for about 6 months. Hope to return after the new year. Bummer your dh had a bad experience with his surgery. Surgery is hard enough but to not have the medical support just does not help the whole process. Just like with us and having babies. KWIM?

Today is my son, Theodore's, first day of mixed kindergarden. He will be going 5 days a week, half day. He is very excited. I need to stitch his symbol--kite--on to his school bag before we leave this morning. So much to do in so little time!

Carolyn: Enjoy your day!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.