Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
687 Posts
I have to first say, CONGRATS Anmarie! I hate being due so far from you all... It's gonna make me so jealous that by the time I have my baby, you'll all be done.

I'm LOL at all the posts on this thread, mentioned by CT above.
Especially the one about the shorts!

Sib classes: I took all of my kids to a sib class last time around and they enjoyed it. They were also all in attendance when baby Shayna was born.
This time, I'm just going to take Shayna and Kaycee to a sib class, since I don't think that Kaycee will remember anything from the last class and Shayna was the star attraction for the last class... Besides, I want another tour of the birth center.

What I'm wearing during labor will depend really on where I am. If at home, I'll more than likely be naked. If I'm at the birth center, either one of their gowns with my sports bra underneath. I truly make a mess when giving birth and would rather not clean up any of my things.

I'm having wimpy contractions everytime I nurse Shayna... Well, they don't feel wimpy and are definitely different than BH ctx, but they go away soon after she's had her fill. I almost considered weaning her, rather than letting her self-wean like all my others, however since I know that I'm really 36 weeks and not 34 weeks, I figure that it's okay if these little ctx are doing something. Just wish they weren't *so* painful.

Oh, and here is my funny to add to the posts for today... I was telling the above to dh, about possibly weaning Shayna, and then I mentioned that I didn't know if I could since she seems to really like the colostrum that she's getting... Well, he says, "Yeah I wasn't going to mention anything - but last night, well it was like sucking on a popsicle!" TMI, I'm sure...

· Registered
687 Posts
Quote:
Oh Rikki!! That is funny!! Do you really let him do that!
Yep, sure do! He's a lot nicer to them than my soon to be 2 year old is...!

Lisa, I'm glad to hear that you found a nice OB at Kaiser. Mine was wonderful, when I had him. I think that I mentioned to you once that if I could have moved him to WA with me, I would have! Which Kaiser are you going to, if I may ask?

Mom coming to help: Unfortunately, my mom wasn't here for my last baby's birth, nor will she be able to be here for this one. She was the only one present at my 3rd child's birth - since dh was on a business trip... She was there for my first two children as well. However, she's a school teacher in CA and can't take the time off when she doesn't exactly know what date to schedule for. I wish that she could be here, she was absolutely wonderful help to me after I had the older kids. Also, she told me that she and my dad have scheduled a week off in October (this was before she knew we were pregnant) to go to New Orleans...apparently it's right around my due date, so coming to WA as well as going there probably wouldn't put her in too good a stead with the new principal at her school.

However, dh works from home, except on Fridays... His "boss" pointed out to him that he's maxed out his vacation accrual for the year (6 weeks is the max), and so unless he takes some time off, he can't continue to accrue anymore time. So, dh is taking next week off, and he'll also be taking two weeks off after I have the baby. That will be nice, since he can hang with Shayna if I want them out of the house!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.