Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,154 Posts
Emma,

I have stop and start contractions too! This baby needs to make up his/her mind, either be born or don't, but quit teasing us
I've been doing the evening primrose oil since Sunday and I drink RRL tea non-stop (I can't get enough of it iced) but I'm not sure if its doing anything. I am not really trying to induce, just want to make it all go smoothly if labour ever decides to come this way. My birthday is Saturday, maybe the little one wants to share with me?

Laurie

· Registered
3,154 Posts
cobluegirl

I am in the same boat as you. These contractions keep stopping and starting, but when I have them they are definitely "real". They have been fairly strong on and off all day, but after the last 4 days I am not counting on anything.

I guess I will stick with the RRL tea (iced-yum) and EPO. Hopefully it'll be either before Sat. or after as its my birthday and we have a little bbq planned. I won't go near the castor oil though, I've heard too many horror stories of excessive diarreah during transition to even think about it (that's a mess I don't want to deal with after the birth
)

As for car seats, 2 don't fit side-by-side in the back seat of our little hatch-back. I had to put one on either side, ds is now behind the driver and the infant seat will be behind the passenger. Not ideal, but no other choice with such a small car.

I haven't really even considered what I will wear for labour, we'll be at home so probably whatever I am wearing at the time. I Naked sounds good for the birth though, easier that way
I haven't even considered what the baby will wear afterward, I guess we'll see how big (or small) he or she is and then decide. Lots of naked time skin-to-skin after the birth sounds good anyway

I had one of those moments the other day where all of a sudden it all seems so real. I was folding the laundry and came across a few baby items. Looking at the extra pile of teeny tiny clothes I suddenly realized that soon I will be the mother of 2. Yikes! Its very exciting, but I am a little nervous too.

Laurie

· Registered
3,154 Posts
Here is my updated version of the list:

Births ~
1. Aquarianangela #1 edd Sep 5 born at hospital July 13 at 32 weeks abigail elizabeth 3lb 15oz
2. Anmarie -#2 4-Sep Home/h2o Alannah was born at 7:02 (9/3) at home in the pool-8lbs 13oz just over 20inches!!!

Matrons in waiting...

Screen Name - Real Name - Birth No. - EDD - where - what's going on?br />
Lactationmom 3-Sep home w/midwife some contrax nothing to report
petitemama (laurie) #5 3-Sep homebirth w/ midwife lots of pressure and hip pain
akirasmama (laurie) #2 4-Sep contrax 5 mins apart 4 cms? Labour stopping and starting all week!
CTMOMOF2 (Tracey) #2 5-Sep Hospital OB contrax 4 mins apart for 20 hrs then Nothing now horly contrax but nothing exciting?
******'smom #3- Sept 8- homebirth
cobluegirl (rachael) #3 9-Sep hospital -back cramps
Carolyn #3 10-Sep Home - Pressure, -some contrax
Emma #2 12-Sep Hospital -Contrax 7-8 mins apart, mucus/blood
apple (Jamie) #1 14-Sep Hospital w/ CNM losing plug
Eman'smom #2 mid Sept some contrax, more frequent contrax & painful, 1cm Lisa_Lynn (Lisa) #1 17-Sep Home
Mommy Stormraven (Michele) #3 17-Sep Home water birth
dallaschildren 18-Sep csect boy
ladylee (lee) September 19 cesarean delivery-girl!
MammaKathryns 19-Sep girl
Ravin #1 20-Sep hospital
Sagira #1 21-Sep Birth Center
1stTimeMummytoLore (Kate) #1 22-Sep Birth Center w/CNM- about 15 hours of 40 second ctx, 3-5 min apart and now nothing but a lower back ache-- 2 cm & 50%, contrax
shanetedissac (shane) #3 24-Sep Home
seven_lux #1 25-Sep hospital
anabean (Ana) 25-Sep hospital w/ cnm 2 doulas
Amywillo (Amy) #2 26-Sep
mahdokht 28-Sep home w/midwife
cllovato #2 28-Sep labor at home birth at hospital w/ cnm/ob
Mamaley #2 30-Sep birth center
jennifer (sabin) Oct
weesej (jen) #4 Oct homebirth w/ midwife
mamapenelope #4 October Home
Nik's Mommy (christine) 1-Oct
mamarsupial (autumn) #2 4-Oct hospital w/ cnm & doula
rootsaloo (Ruth) #3 4-October homebirth
Aspen 8-Oct
hikaru #2 14-Oct birthing clinic (doc/midwives)
jazzpurr88 #1 14-Oct
Rikki #5 17-Oct home
BellaMay 25-Oct
halah (jennifer) #2 25-Oct homebirth
Czen #3 26-Oct home w/ midwife & doula
grandmasgirl 27-Oct birth center boy
kerikadi (keri) 28-Oct homebirth
Louise #4 late Oct uc

· Registered
3,154 Posts
Well.......what seems to be active labour (contractions 5 min or less apart lasting over a minute each) has started 4 TIMES!!!! Each time is fizzles out eventually. I gotta say this is getting frustrating. Obviously this baby isn't ready for whatever reason, but I am really getting tired of this. I've heard good things about a chiropractic adjustment helping in a situation like this, but there is NO way I could afford that right now. Ah well, this baby has to come out eventually!

On the other hand, its my birthday! We were hoping I would have the baby yesterday (we are having a UC) then we could just surprise our parents when they come over for a birthday bbq today. That would have been a lot of fun. Oh well, at this rate I will probably be in active labour (yet again) the entire time they are here and will have to hide that fact (I don't want them to know until after the fact because they are nervous about our birth plans). Then of course it will stop and I will be pregnant another 3 weeks

Laurie

· Registered
3,154 Posts
I freeze bananas in chunks in freezer bags, then when I juice I toss the bananas in the processer with the fresh juice for a fresh fruit smoothie. YUM!

As for timing contractions, I don't generally bother. I might keep a casual eye on the time when they are coming fast and intense just to get an idea of what is going on (especially if we are heading out somewhere) but I am not really concerned. We are planning an Unassisted birth, so we don't need to worry about calling anyone or going anywhere so it really doesn't seem to matter. I didn't time them with ds either, I woke up and just knew it was close to time.

I do get frustrated from time to time with the constant contractions, but I had them with ds too and was at 8 cm by the time I woke up in labour, plus my labour was pretty much pain free until they gave me pit. If these stop and start labour days lead to a similar experience this time I certainly won't complain.

As I thought I had contractions throughout my birthday bbq today. I managed to hide it fairly good though as I didn't want anyone to worry. Now that everyone is gone and I am ready to give birth they have started to slow down again LOL. It has become comical (or I am just delerious at this point).

I started taking blue cohosh today, so that has probably intensified the contractions. Last time I took it with black cohosh in an effort to induce (I was trying to avoid a hospital induction). This time I don't want to induce, but blue cohosh is suppose to reduce false labour (which I obviously need LOL) as well as prepare the body for childbirth and decrease the pain of labour. Since I had a nearly pain-free labour last time I am willing to believe it works! I guess we will see what happens

All in all I am really relaxed about the whole thing. I get a little frustrated from time to time, but I am content to wait until this babe is ready to be born (don't have much choice anyway). I am glad to be so at peace with it all, much better feeling then last time.

Laurie

· Registered
3,154 Posts
Its gotta be labour this time!!!
Contractions that are *painful* that are minutes apart. I checked my cervix and am dialated enough that I cannot even guess how many cm (over 6, maybe 8?). I am very excited at the possibility that I will have a baby in arms today
Wish me luck, I don't want to get my hopes up thinking "this is it" and be dissappointed.

I'll keep you posted

Laurie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.