Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start carrying my 10-month old on my back with the Ergo. I've only tried it once, and though he didn't complain, he felt way low down on my back and I felt some strain in my shoulders. Is there anything different I should be doing to set it up for back carries? How high on my hips should it be?

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I position it so the pad (for lack of a better word, the wider part of the belt right below the main part of the carrier) is sitting on my lower back right above my butt. The belt ends up going around my hip bones. The shoulder straps shouldn't be tight, they're only there to hold up the body of the carrier, not support the weight of the baby. It just might take some adjusting, I walked around the Mall of America for an entire day with my baby in the Ergo in a back carry

·
Registered
141 Posts
I felt the same way- baby seemed too low- and it wasn't comfortable for me. So I ended up getting a Mei Tai. You wear the baby higher in a MT and can even tie it above your breasts in a back carry if you want to. Way more comfy for both of us!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.