Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to get an Ergo, and now can't decide on the color! I'm leaning to the black, but don't want it too hot in the summer. Also like the cranberry, but thinking the same problem....maybe the indigo? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I've got the cranberry colour and I don't find it too hot. I think because the fabric thickness is the same in all of them, there isn't much difference in how cool they'll be. I'd be more worried about spit-ups showing up on the fabric.

My Dd likes to chew on the shoulder straps of ours, and the drool/food stains aren't too bad in the Cranberry colour. Black though I think would show them more.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
I like all the solid colors, I really can't stand the bug lining myself. The denim blue (not the organic denim, which is a dark blue, but the regular one) and the camel are both nice, and are lighter. I use my black with cranberry lining all the time and I don't think it's any hotter than the lighter colors, but the lighter colors are really nice and attractive as well.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I agree, it won't matter on color because they're all the same weight. Though we haven't had any problems with our Black/Critter and Indigo/Critter prints. No big soaking chewing/drool spots or heat wise. I say just get whatever appeals to you most. The Indigo might be a nice middle ground though

·
Registered
422 Posts
I went with camel so as to have a neutral color, and one that DH would feel comfortable wearing. The heat factor played into my decision too - which is the main reason I chose not to get black.

I never thought of the chewing and drool, but that is definitely something to consider!

-Elizabeth

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
I have the black and we never get too hot.
BUT --
The black is starting to fade from the sun!! This Ergo is not very old (had it since winter maybe) But we use it everyday. The shoulder straps are fading to a reddish/ brown. You can see the difference when you hold the shoulder straps (which get the most sun time obviously) to other parts of the black which are still crisp and dark.
Oh well.

A friend has the camel and it always looks great!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Quote:
The black is starting to fade from the sun!! This Ergo is not very old (had it since winter maybe) But we use it everyday. The shoulder straps are fading to a reddish/ brown.
Same with ours.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your suggestions. After consulting with my dh, we decided to order the camel -- it was definitely the one he would feel most comfortable using....and also won't fade. I can't wait until it comes in the mail!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts